"Each week (Friday) we get to do a thing called Teaching Resource Center. Volunteers sign up to receive lessons from the missionaries. The volunteers can be anyone who knows the language, member, non-member, investigator or whatever. Going and teaching in this situation really made me realize my progress I'm making in Korean! I have to have a shout out to my Chinese teacher Mrs. Done for being an amazing teacher and helping me with a wonderful foundation to an Asian language. Listening and comprehension has been incredible because I'm understanding so much. It's been nice because even with all the stresses of the language, I'm not worrying to much about Korean. My mind may change when I get to the field, but I'll be sure to stay positive haha."
"A thought I had sometime during the week about how Christ lives. We stand as representatives of Christ, as well as the Quorum of the Twelve and First Presidency. I finally understand one way of how Christ lives again. Christ lives again THROUGH his missionaries and his prophets as well as those who are worthily and righteously live their lives. Live your life so Christ can live through you."
"There was a quote from President Holland that said, "More important than speaking is listening." That struck a chord so hard for me. Those of you who know me, I'm a fairly quiet person to say the least haha, but I LOVE to listen. I could listen for days, and when necessary, I speak haha. It reminded me of the quote that went something like, "Always bear your testimony, and when necessary, use words." I've definitely been blessed with a talent for listening, and that's one thing I miss most about home is listening to my family and friends and how I could possibly help. But to fill that space, I get to listen to the people in Korea, and how joyous that will be for me! This thought came up because I asked my teacher a question one day because I wanted to know the needs of my investigator but I couldn't understand everything they were saying. I realized that as long as I'm utililizing my talent of listening that the Spirit will fill my mouth with the words I need to speak. I haven't quite had that experience yet, but when it does happen my testimony will grow so much."
"We got to listen to John H. Groben. He wrote a book that got made into the movie called The Other Side of Heaven. He mentioned the different ways we bear testimony. He summarized it into six points. We bear testimony of what we say, what we do, what we sing, how we pray, what we write, and who we are. There are so many opportunities for us to bear testimony of Christ and His Gospel. Seize every opportunity for we are promised blessings like this: D&C 62:3
3 Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye haveborne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and theyrejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you."
No comments:
Post a Comment