Elder McKlayne Marshall
"So Sabado.. we all had the opportunidad to go prozylating in Lima. I was assigned a intermedio companion who didn't know what rice meant in espanol... so it was crazy because I mainly taught the lesson in a foreign language that is still way hard and new. So we start at a church in Central Peru, and we are with an 18 year old member who is goingt o serve his mission in Colombia, but he only knew espanol. And then we went with a maestro at the CCM and he only knew Spanish as well. Soo we walked and went on a search for the inactive members and we had the section that was on the hill of Central Lima Peru which is the poor part of the city, so we walked about tons of stairs, up the mountain past houses that were stacked on other houses. Find a picture on Peru of it, sooo amazing. We found our first person.... that answered the door. It was a 21 year old girl who hadn't been to church for 2 anos. The member explains that we have prepared a message and he looks at my senior comp, and then looks at me and says go for it! Sooo I did. I shared Ether 12:6 with her and explained that in life, hard things test our faith and that it's important for us to do the small things to help strengthen our faith. They speak sooo fast and so I didn't understand a thing, it was way hard, but I went with it and the member helped and the spirit was strong.
For a minute though, please thank Heavenly Father for what you have today! I was amazed at the blessings that we take for granted every day! These people have little to nothing, and this is the center of Peru! This experiences touched my heart and opened it in so many ways! Be thankful for what you have, be happy, and go out and serve others!!
No comments:
Post a Comment