Elder Joshua Nieman
Ahhhhhhhhhhh P day. Oh by the way my P day is Thursday if you wanted to know. Family Im going to be honest with you this past week sucked so much but its probably the greatest thing that has ever happend to me. Everyday I spend a night in the CCM brings me closer to heavenly father and Jesus. But wow they sure do know how to punch you in the gut. I love you all so much and I feel like when we said goodbye at the airport... it wasnt a good goodbye. I just want all of you to know I love the heck out of you guys. I cant believe its been a week. It feels like a freaking year. I talked to all the missionaries and they said it goes faster and faster, so that helps me out a lot.
Oh my companions name is Elder Sitirud. Hes 21 years old and hes from huntington utah. Hes super nice and its good that we are companions. Oh my gosh spanish is so hard but I will get it down sometime. I spend so much time trying to study and I feel like Im getting it pretty well. Yeah I bought soap at the store so Im good with that. This past week was so crazy and like jason said, I asked myself Where´s my mommy? haha but thats ok cause I will need to get used to that for the next two years. Oh man it rains so much down here and the thunder and lightning is amazing. The thunder shakes the whole casa. It feels really good to be done with a week and I hope it goes way fast cause I want to be out in the field. The food here is really good even though I dont know half of the food I eat. haha But this is probably the healthiest ive ever eaten in my life. Im eating fruits and veggies and whatever the heck the meat is.
Mom I read the letter and it has helped me so much overcome the homesickness. Homesickness sucks but whatever Im feeling a lot better than I was. Like on the second day of the CCM I had to teach someone in spanish. Crazy I dont even know spanish but somehow I made it through the whole lesson. I know how to say many things in spanish now like my testimony, praying and some other stuff. Its amazing how quick you learn here but I still have a long ways to go. I have been looking at my pictures of our family and dang we are a good lookin family. I miss you guys so much but sorry the lord needs me for two years. I have been getting so excited to go out in the field and teach families about gods plan. We have been teaching lessons all about eternal families and how they can live forever and I cant wait to live with you all together and forever.
Im still in shock that Im in Mexico and I have started my mission but wow Mexico is so amazing and beautiful. I love the nights where you see all the lights of the houses just light up the sky. I also love the nights cause I get to sleep. Im actually doing pretty well with my sleep and waking up. Sometimes the streets of Mexico are loud and they start blasting music. It kind of makes me want to get up and dance but things here at the CCM is a party but thats the most that has surprised me is that I can wake up and not go back to sleep. It doesnt even phase me. haha oh my daily schedule is get up and practice spanish and then go to sleep. Ok not really but pretty much. My teacher is a latino and he teaches in spanish and its really hard to understand but I think Im getting the hang of it. They speak so fast and it feels like all that studying is for nothing but I know it will take time and I feel like Ive been pretty patient with the language. I know I will speak this language, I tell myself that every morning, evening and night and it really helps me throughout the day.
My district is amazing also. My whole district is going to Lima Peru East. So Elder Pierson and Elder Griffin are in my class. That helps out a lot knowing someone but Im getting to know so many people here. I get excited every time I think about teaching the gospel and sharing this true message to Peru. Oh yeah and I have to buy myself a watch cause I dont have my phone anymore to check the time so I have to ask Elder Siterud what the time is all the time. haha But keep me updated with like football and just anything you can think of.
Mom and dad I love you so much and I miss you guys but this is where I need to be. If I write I want to come home dont accept my offer cause I know this is where I need to be. It will be tough sometimes but heavenly father will help me through it. Trust me he already has. All of my sisters you are the most amazing people in the world and I miss you guys so much. You are all my best friends and I love you so much. I think thats about it but make sure to write me every week cause all these emails are helping me out so much.
I love you all so much and if you have any questions I would love to answer them.
oh and I want my friends to see this email to cause I love them all and I would love to tell them how Im doing.
oh and I want my friends to see this email to cause I love them all and I would love to tell them how Im doing.
oh oh and again I love you and I am taking a lot more pictures than my senior trip. Joni Im taking like 4 a day cause I cant really take pictures unless its my P day but I will sneak some in there.
Love Elder Nieman
*Follow the next two years on our blog for Joshi. More pictures will be posted here: http://joshison.blogspot.com/
Love Elder Nieman
*Follow the next two years on our blog for Joshi. More pictures will be posted here: http://joshison.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment