Elder Kyle Andrus
Wow. Mission. I'm here. It is so crazy. I have totally already felt the spirit so much. I don't think I have prayed so much in my entire life. We pray for EVERYTHING. It really helps because I realize how much the Lord blesses our lives in so many ways. The spirit has been soooo unbelievable strong. I feel it almost every moment of every day.
My companion. Elder Horgmo. What a guy. He is so dang cool. He is from Norway, and is so funny. His British accent is so hilarious when he tries. And he tries a lot. But really he is so cool. I was worried that my comp would be someone I wouldn't get along with, but he is already one of my closest friends. English is his second language and you can't even tell. My district is very cool. We have Elder Lindquist, from Sweden, our district leader. Elder Allred, from Kaysville, Utah. Threw with him at track meets. Elder Kmeztch who flew with me to England and he is also the man. Elder Michelson who is from Utah, who is one of the most spiritual guys I have ever met. He has so much insight and is truly amazing. Elder Yip from Hong Kong. He is a native Cantonese speaker, so I can't talk with him in Manderin because I don't remember it… :D and Elder Depriest. A musical genius. That rounds out our district. Our teachers, Brother Walsh and Sister Matapo, are both amazing teachers. They really know their stuff. They teach us all so much.
Everyday, we teach two "investigators" played by different members of the MTC teaching staff. We have what we know from the area books pretty much to teach them by, so we get to plan a lesson according to their needs just on that little snippet from the area book. We have to try and feel what the spirit tells us to say to them. And you have to throw it out the window if the spirit tells you to do something. Learned that the hard way. We tried to stick way too much to the lesson plan and didn't teach to her needs. Her name was Izzy. There is way too much to write I would be here for ages trying to write everything. So we teach a lot more so there is that. I have taught probably 7 lessons in 4 days. Very good practice.
The food. Oh my. Lovely. We eat ver very good here. The chef is Italian so that makes a huge difference. We eat pizza to chicken curry to hot dogs to anything. Breakfast is usually french toast or pancakes or cereal or yogurt or something to that extent. Don't worry. Being fed really well.
The UK is weird. Strange words, strange accents, strange everything. They use Celsius, kilometers, kiga jules and other weird things. I played some basketball one day, but yesterday I played me some football and was the star if I say so myself. HAHA no. I was terrible. ALl the Europeans showed all of us Utahans up. Especially Elder Horgmo. He is amazing. I did score 2 goals! So that is good! Overall it is very helpful. I am anxious to get out there and to teach the actual people. Only 6 more days here and I am gone!!
Oh really quick. I had one of the most special fasts I have ever had. I was struggling to try and feel the spirit during the lessons and to act on it. So that was my fast this last Fast Sunday, and I can't believe how much the Lord blessed me I was studying the scriptures in Alma 17:9-12 during my fast. And those verses were exactly what I was going through. It was crazy how much closer I felt to the BOM because of that. And that night, we watched a devotional from Elder Bednar and the title was "Is It the Spirit, Or Is It Me?" And THAT was the answer to my fasting and my prayers. I was so filled with the spirit while watching that. It brought peace and comfort to my soul. I encourage you guys to watch that and you may have a similar feeling to what I went through. It was incredible.
But anyway, I would send all the pictures I have been taking, but the computers are in high demand. So I won't try to figure out how to send them to you. I will keep all of you guys updated. Oh and if you couldn't tell, P-day was on Wednesday at the MTC. I don't know what it is out in the field, but I will let you know. It may be Monday, so you may not get to hear from me for a week and a half, but I promise I am okay. I love all you guys soooooooo much, and I thank you for your prayers and everything you guys have done for me. THANK YOU!
And if you have anyone's emails, I would love to write them. Please send them to me!!!
LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!
Elder Andrus
#godsavethequeen
No comments:
Post a Comment