Friday, August 22, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

Oh my goodness! We got our flight plans last Friday and it was pretty much one of the most exciting days ever. The missionaries going to the Seoul South Mission get to leave four days earlier than the ones in the Seoul Mission! So this is probably the last email I will send out from the MTC, I'm not sure how our schedule is going to work out next week because we leave Thursday morning at3:30 am haha... So, if you were planning on sending anything, make sure it's here by Wednesday the 27th or else I have no idea what will happen. I also realized, this year I get the best birthday present ever: a two year trip to South Korea! Haha, and it's a very special trip as well, and I'm excited to celebrate it in Korea. I'll have to tell you about how they do Korean birthdays some time because it's pretty interesting.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Throughout my MTC experience I've had the opportunity to exercise the Priesthood and that is such an honor. People struggle, things are hard, but through the power of the Priesthood and through the receiver's faith, miracles can happen. In my personal study I read through Alma 13. If you want to learn more about foreordination and the priesthood, head in that direction because it's pretty amazing.

Another cool experience we had was TRC. Usually during TRC we teach volunteers that come to the MTC, but this time we got to Skype a native! Because there weren't many volunteers this native wasn't actually in Korea, she was in Ohio, but it was still pretty cool. Tomorrow we have the same opportunity to Skype and teach a lesson so hopefully we get someone who knows zero English, that would be quite the experience working through a language barrier haha. The biggest language barrier of my life though is coming up quite soon, but I'm ready for the challenge :)

Another topic I'd like to share is about prayer. In years past, I probably treated prayer not the way I should be. I know that we can never have a "perfect prayer," but the concept of prayer is really coming alive to me. This really jumped out to me while I was reading in Alma 34. "Cry unto Him" with EVERYTHING you may need help with. Prayer is a direct communication we have with God. God knows everything that we may be struggling with in life, but he is waiting for us to show our faith and trust in Him by verbally telling Him through prayer. I can testify to you that if we "pour out our souls" and tell our Heavenly Father about everything we are going through, you will feel the power of prayer and this conversation can be that much more real. Through prayer, I've been blessed with the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and it has led me to be an instrument in God's hand. The joy that it has brought me in blessing the lives of others is quite indescribable, yet just a small glimpse of what eternal glory may be like. Don't take prayer for granted, and don't miss the opportunity to put your trust in God (Alma 36:3). Talk to God and he WILL talk back, through scripture, the Spirit, other people. And after prayer, always be ready and willing to listen.

Once again, thank you all for your love and support. I won't lie, the weeks ahead of me will be some of the hardest in my life, but I have faith, I have testimony, and I have God on my side, things will be ok :)
Big shout out to all my friends going to college too! I wish you the best of luck, it's probably a pretty foreign experience as well.

~Elder Kyle Brian Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment