The crazy adventure to El Salvador.
So basically we got on this mini shuttle bus with the 8 of us coming to El salvador. After we crossed the border the wheel broke and we spent two hours trying to fix it. The problem was we couldnt get it off the axel, it was pretty much like welded on there or something. In the time we tried fixing it we talked to this guy on the street and gave him a book of mormon, hopefully it will change his or someones life somehow. After working on the wheel for like an hour and 45 minutes we decided to pray and shortly after we were able to pry it off, halleluiah! We went to the mission home and learned and stuff. There was a really cool thunderstorm and we watched lightning for 5 or so minutes After we spent the day learning about rules and stuff in the mission home we went to this little house and all slept in a room full of matresses and just trying to adapt to suff. We went and got our campaions and I'm with a white one named elder loosle! :) We road on crowded public busses up to my area. Union III
What everyday life is kinda like so far.
Things in El Salvador are awesome! Its so fun (and hot) here. We have been doing a lot of walking and a lot of teaching. Its driving me crazy that I can't understand everyone because I just want to help them but I don´t know what they are saying! I am getting pretty good at speaking though. Everyone says its really good for being just out of the mtc so that gives me courage :) We have quite a few investigatores that are doing good, but its frustrating because they dont do things they promise to, like read. Sunday all of our appointments fell through and none of our investigators made it to church. that was dissapointing, but we mananged to get some new references! I live in a humble abode with my companion Elder Loosle. We don't have much besides a few tables a mini cooling unit (I'm not going to call it a fridge because it doesn't do much.) and we have a big sink thing called a pila next to a shower and a toilet with a curtin to cover them. Its fun :) I dont quite know what to think of the food down here yet. they have all sorts of yummy breads, but I have mostly just eaten cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for dinner. I love my white companion and we get along great! He lived in mexico and guatemala before coming here so hes fulent in spanish and english. There have been a couple big rainstorms and the lightning is huge and fantastic to watch! Lets just say ive already been soaked :) it was nice a cool. Its annoying that everytime the wind blows hard, stuff falls from our roof and gets our little house dirty. Its crazy down here. there are people just selling stuff on the street that you can buy. My area is this town with houses and houses. Basically theres just walls of gates that lead to little areas with houses in them so its kind of hard to get into houses, and difficult to find houses because people just describe where theirs is. Oh, you go this way and this way then its this house around here thats black. But they say it in spanish so only my companion understands.Basically everyting you buy with quaters and dollar coins (I thought it was cool they use those here, a lot more than dollar bills) and you buy bags of water and drinks and stuff that you bite a little hole in the corner and drink from them. Its fun :)basically i feel like the day should be over when its 2o clock, but its really not even close, but ive been having a good time so far :)
In general
On the way up our tire broke and we fixed it with the power of prayer. I spent the night in a room of matresses, we watched lightning storms and I got soaked a couple times. My house is small and stuff falls from the roof. Its super hot. We are trying to teach the gospel of happiness with everyone, but its frustrating when I dont know what they are saying and when they dont keep commitments. Im having fun! :)
a scriputre
a scripture weve used a couple times thats really good is helamen 12:5. We got to remember to center our lives on christ and we can overcome all our trials! I like this scriputre a lot and it gives hope.
Good luck to everyone! I love you all and I hope everything is going good! I'm happy to be down here serving the lord! esperanzo que yo no olvide ingles, perro, es posible con tiempo!
-Elder Barwick
Things in El Salvador are awesome! Its so fun (and hot) here. We have been doing a lot of walking and a lot of teaching. Its driving me crazy that I can't understand everyone because I just want to help them but I don´t know what they are saying! I am getting pretty good at speaking though. Everyone says its really good for being just out of the mtc so that gives me courage :) We have quite a few investigatores that are doing good, but its frustrating because they dont do things they promise to, like read. Sunday all of our appointments fell through and none of our investigators made it to church. that was dissapointing, but we mananged to get some new references! I live in a humble abode with my companion Elder Loosle. We don't have much besides a few tables a mini cooling unit (I'm not going to call it a fridge because it doesn't do much.) and we have a big sink thing called a pila next to a shower and a toilet with a curtin to cover them. Its fun :) I dont quite know what to think of the food down here yet. they have all sorts of yummy breads, but I have mostly just eaten cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for dinner. I love my white companion and we get along great! He lived in mexico and guatemala before coming here so hes fulent in spanish and english. There have been a couple big rainstorms and the lightning is huge and fantastic to watch! Lets just say ive already been soaked :) it was nice a cool. Its annoying that everytime the wind blows hard, stuff falls from our roof and gets our little house dirty. Its crazy down here. there are people just selling stuff on the street that you can buy. My area is this town with houses and houses. Basically theres just walls of gates that lead to little areas with houses in them so its kind of hard to get into houses, and difficult to find houses because people just describe where theirs is. Oh, you go this way and this way then its this house around here thats black. But they say it in spanish so only my companion understands.Basically everyting you buy with quaters and dollar coins (I thought it was cool they use those here, a lot more than dollar bills) and you buy bags of water and drinks and stuff that you bite a little hole in the corner and drink from them. Its fun :)basically i feel like the day should be over when its 2o clock, but its really not even close, but ive been having a good time so far :)
In general
On the way up our tire broke and we fixed it with the power of prayer. I spent the night in a room of matresses, we watched lightning storms and I got soaked a couple times. My house is small and stuff falls from the roof. Its super hot. We are trying to teach the gospel of happiness with everyone, but its frustrating when I dont know what they are saying and when they dont keep commitments. Im having fun! :)
a scriputre
a scripture weve used a couple times thats really good is helamen 12:5. We got to remember to center our lives on christ and we can overcome all our trials! I like this scriputre a lot and it gives hope.
Good luck to everyone! I love you all and I hope everything is going good! I'm happy to be down here serving the lord! esperanzo que yo no olvide ingles, perro, es posible con tiempo!
-Elder Barwick
No comments:
Post a Comment