Elder Tyler Peterson
Hey y'all!
What's up? This past week was super good! I've felt the spirit so much this past week, especially during study and teaching lessons, it has been absolutely incredible!! :)
Sunday was like one of the best ones yet! Earlier in the week, one of our teachers taught us about how we can receive revelations by going to church with questions in mind and seeking answers, and I was like, "What?! Just like the Book of Mormon??" I had never even considered that before, but this past Sunday, I went into Sacrament meeting seeking to feel the Spirit, and it was incredible! There was such a strong spirit there, and now I know that getting investigators to go to church could have such a great impact for them! :) Also on Sunday, Jenny Oaks Baker spoke and performed for the Sunday Devotional, and it was so good, she really did amazing, and like her kids were playing with her too! Like her seven year old was playing classical guitar like a man, it was super cool! More importantly, their music brought the Spirit and it was so sweet!
Oh my gosh! On Wednesday, some elders in my district were teaching an investigator about tithing, and they came back with this crazy thought I'd never considered! The mission is two years right? How old am I going to be when I get back? 20! That's 10%!!! Holy cow!! This mission is like tithing on my life by giving two years of service!! :D I almost started crying when that sunk in, it was SO COOL!! :)
Then, yesterday, we got our flight plans! AAAHHH!!!!!! I'll be in Mexico in just over 9 days from right now!!! :D We're flying on Monday from Salt Lake to Denver to Houston to Villahermosa!! I have loved the MTC so much, like it's been incredible! But I'm ready to get down in Mexico!! :)
I've now officially been on my mission for a month! I'm so glad I'm here, I've learned way more than I could have hoped, and I really would not want to be anywhere else at all!! If the rest of my mission goes by as fast as this first month does, it'll be over way too fast!
You are all beautiful people!! Thanks for being my friends and good luck to all with school starting again! Especially those going to college holy cow! That's so crazy, and awesome!! Love you all, hope to hear from ya soon!
¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
P.S. Spanish word of the week: misericordia - mercy :)
P.P.S. Pictures! Me, Bronson, and Ryan (he´s in Tallahassee now!!! Stud!!!) and the missionaries that we room with in front of the Provo Temple :)
No comments:
Post a Comment