Elder William Hansen
"Hello Everyone,
I heard about the tragedy of Ryker Dattage this week, and it's definitely hit me hard. I wasn't close friends with Ryker, but without a doubt, whenever I was around him, he could be counted on to make someone smile, trying to have a good time. It makes me happy that I know that God has a plan for us, and even if terrible things happen, I know God will take care of his children, and that he has given us the Plan of Salvation to do so. I can't say much to help anything or fix any hurt but God can, and that's all we need.
I leave soon!! Monday night at 9:50, my plane leaves Salt Lake airport to San Francisco then to Taiwan, (Mrs. Done, I have forgotten all my Chinese, so if we get stuck there, I'm afraid my three years will not help much :/ ) Then finally Jakarta Indonesia! I am so excited to go and do the Lord's work and have an amazing adventure! It will be so fantastic to get there, and even if it's so hot and humid and the people talk so I can't understand them, I am so excited. If I fall down, without a doubt, if I rely on the Lord, He will pick me up. Ahh I am so excited. One of my teachers is getting a degree in piano playing and she put on a mini concert for us which was super fantastic. Makes me want to play, which I did practice for a little bit but Elder Thompson wanted to go study so we didn't stay long.
We had to teach a lesson in English this week so the supervisor could come and watch us and our teacher could give us feedback, so the supervisor could give suggestions and help her. Even though it was supposed to be about her, it ended up being them both grilling us, and I was like, hey I haven't taught an English lesson in 2 months and I had 4 minutes to prepare for this one so it wasn't too bad I dare say.
Temple was great, I am going to miss it so so much. It's been a blessing in my life, and in two years when I can go again, I will be grateful for its blessing.
I had a dream about P-Day and I looked up and I had three minutes of email time, and still 50 emails to send, sorta like now!! Ahhhh got a haircut and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, then they used a vacuum tube to suck on the cut hair from my head. That was exciting.
Elder Eyre yells in his sleep…example being last night. Probably from excitement to go to Indonesia.
Saw Bronson Naegle, and Ryan Funk and I was so happy to see those guys. Some of my greatest friends. They will serve the Lord so well.
Hosting is alright, definitely weird to see me taking missionaries away from their crying families! Sorta weird I guess.
Well next email will be from Indonesia!
You guys are all wonderful people
Sampai nanti
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment