Elder Tyler Peterson
Hey you guys! Is the real world awesome?! Probably, but the MTC is pretty sweet too! A couple of people this week compared the MTC to EFY on steroids, which I've decided is a pretty good description, except I'm learning Spanish too! :)
Holy cow, this has been a super week! I'm so grateful for my branch presidency here! I had an awesome interview with my branch president that was so positive and at the same time showed me what I needed to fix, it was incredible! I'm really starting to use personal study time effectively (at last!) and it makes such a big difference when you study with prayer, a question, and a purpose! Though I'm no master (like at all) I'm learning how to better teach with scripture effectively and teach by the Spirit, which is awesome!
Devotionals were pretty good this week! We watched Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration on Sunday, and it was so awesome to thing that I was going to be doing the work Joseph Smith helped get started, it was super legit, and way humbling at the same time! :) Dang, I saw Elders Hansen and Hoyt this week (which was awesome!), and I'm really hoping to catch Elders Funk and Naegle sometime, that's like the one bad thing about not being on main campus, but oh well :)
I learned how important it is to give your very best effort this week. Wednesday was like the first normal day of my mission, and I hated it. I was just going through the motions, giving a half effort and being way too comfortable, then that night I realized how little I'd accomplished, and I decided to change. Thursday was incredible! I worked my butt off, and so many good things happened! Our lesson went well, I felt like I learned more, and Elder Butler and I had a spiritual Companionship study finally! I'm so glad to have learned that lesson!
Friday was good, except for I decided to get a haircut for some reason, and they did a good job, except for one thing... All I'm sayin is, you give them a centimeter, and they'll take three! Which is a big difference for guys! Or it should be... you'll see the difference, but that was like the most violated I've felt in my entire time here! Then I realized how lame and self centered I was being, and I went back to work.
Dang, I'm running out of time, but I want to say that the message of the Atonement is such a HAPPY message! Share it with everybody! Thanks so much for all of your friendship and support, I love you all, and keep being incredible!
Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
P.S. Pictures: My reaction to my haircut, and my studly district :)
P.P.S. Spanish phrase of the week (bonus!): Yo se (pretend there's an accent on the e) que la Iglesia es verdadera! - I know that the Church is true! :)
Dang, I'm running out of time, but I want to say that the message of the Atonement is such a HAPPY message! Share it with everybody! Thanks so much for all of your friendship and support, I love you all, and keep being incredible!
Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
P.S. Pictures: My reaction to my haircut, and my studly district :)
P.P.S. Spanish phrase of the week (bonus!): Yo se (pretend there's an accent on the e) que la Iglesia es verdadera! - I know that the Church is true! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment