Elder Kyler Olsen
"Wow guys. This has been such a crazy awesome week. Don't get me wrong, I had a really hard time leaving behind my life, cause all of you all made it so stinking awesome! (Sorry, I'm getting used to these keyboards and they are awful.) (also this is the only email I'll get to send from the CCM cause I am flying to Chiclayo next Tuesday.) Anyway, yeah it was so stinking hard. As I walked away from my parents in the airport, I was crying like crazy. Till I realized that I was scared to death and had no clue where to go at all in the airport, then that got me a little distracted haha.
But. Super cool experience: As I was sitting on the plane for my first time ever, I was like dang. This is gonna be soooo long. And then the plane took off. And I was filled with such joy, adrenaline, happiness. Like a new chapter in my life was gonna begin. Ahhh it was so amazing! So yeah that was all good. Plane ride was long. But I got here (2:00 am) and was with all the North American missionaries for a while, got the tours and all that. My comp is Elder Wirthlin, he's pretty cool, but he's been sick for most of the time and he's not quite as motivated as me which is hard.
I freaking love these Natives! They are so hilarious and happy. Not necessarily obedient, but if you set an example for them, they look up to you a lot. Kinda like I look up to their eternal happiness and love for everyone. It is amazing and I have found soooo many friends here.
Food is ok. I will be happy to come home and eat red spaghetti. Theirs is green. Haha. And some of the drinks are kind sketchy. Every day is meat, rice, bread for lunch and dinner. Yogurt and eggs or something else for breakfast. The corn is huge and way good. Today I had some cocoa puffs things which are pretty good. Idk it is ok, but I am always hungry and my granola bar stash is running low already. There's 130 people here now and so sports is so crowded. OI've played volleyball most of the days.
And the Spanish. Wow. So when we finally got with the natives on Wednesday, they asked me to say the opening prayer. Which Elder Marshall had, not even 5 minutes before, told me how to say. The Lord watches out for you! :) Anyway, ya I was way lost. I could understand quite a bit, but they talked solo fast and it was super hard. It still is hard. And speaking is a lot harder. But through prayer and practice and patience, I've gotten much better in these short days.
I don't know what else to say, if you have questions, ask me!
Oh yeah. Haha so you all know me and how I am famous for losing dumb stuff all the time. Ya. Second day here, I'm playing volleyball and somehow my keys to my closet got lost in the sand. Whoooey so I wore the same clothes for a couple days cause all my stuff was locked in my closet. I tried everything that i could asking people, but the secretary and maintenance guys were gone So, haha we just took the hinges off, opened it from the back, took all my stuff out and boom. I have clean clothes! Haha ya.
Mission is great, I cannot wait to get to Chiclayo, my mp is super chill. Lots more email time. I think 2 hours. It is gonna be soooooo amazing!!! But I haven't forgotten you guys, I love you all solo much, thank you tons and tons for all your amazing letters. One day I was having a really hard day. Fast Sunday. Wow I was so depressed cause I wasn't speaking well at all. I pulled out a few letters and read them and it got me so humbled and focused and ever since, things have been amazing. I love it.
I have so many great stories I wish I could tell. Elder Marshall and I, who the heck knew that we'd be partying it up in PERU! Haha
Love you all soooo much!
Elder Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment