Monday, August 18, 2014



Elder Kyler Olsen

Haha I cannot tell you all how excited I am to be writing an email right now! I am going to apologize for my contractions, there is not an apostraphe to be found on peruvian keybords, so youll have to excuse that.

First off, I love you all a ton! I miss you a lot, every single one.

Second. Why the heck have I not gotten any letters, or dearelders or what not?? I was like the only one who didnt have something when we got to Chiclayo! So you better get on that! haha jk, but yes letters are sure appreciated, and I would love to experience that anytime soon. Also Im gonna apologize for not getting back to you all, cause I only have an hour, and I have 40 new emails in my inbox. I will work fast and furious to get to you all. I still love you!

Sooo for the good stuff.

We left The CCM at 2 in the morning on Tuesday and flew to Chiclayo, and the sun rose right as we got above the clouds. It was sooo glorious! Hour and a half flight left us at chiclayo, where I met President and Sister williams and they are soo amazing! They had american breakfast for us at the mission home, cinnamon rolls, trix, oj, fruit, the works, and it was sooo appreciated! The first place we went when we arrived was the Beach. Which was so pretty. The beach is my favorite. And we had this super cool lesson where we talked about how Conquistadores burned their boats so they would have motivation to fight and conquer here in suramerica. So we made paper boats and got to torch them!!! So ya all you guys, all my former life, they got torched. The only catch was, my lighter dropped in teh bucket where we were burning them. So I reach in to grab it, and hahaha, my whole arm got torched, all the hair got scorched off and I scared Sis. Williams pretty bad. I was so surprised that my suit didnt get burned caus it was a solid flame. But ya then I smelled awful and all that. But who else can say that they got blowtorched on their mission?? haha

Anyways, so i had like 2 hours of sleep for that day, so I took a nap, played ping pong, and we waited for the transfer meeting where we would meet our comps.

It came quickly, but the newbies were last, so we waited longer. My companion is Elder Lopez, and he is from Nicaragua, and he is a super cool kid, a great example to me. He is very obedient, very very obedient, haha and I have learned a lot from him. We dont have a ton in common, but by the time 12 weeks is over I know that we are gonna be great friends. And I am serving in Cajamarca, which is about 6 hours away from chiclayo by a double decker bus... that was an adventure. Cajamarca is a lot more like home, weather wise, so I was happy about that. We are opening an area, so it has been super hard. When we get back, man. I am soooo exhausted. But I have also felt the spirit sooo much in our few lessons ( in the past 4 days we have had 2 appts actually go through) and especially our practice lessons. I never thought I could study for hours at a time, but I love learning and thinking and pondering and my testimony has grown sooo much! We had a lesson with a man named Wilder, and he was soooo prepared for us that I was almost in tears. I have learned how to follow the spirit to know what to say and when to say it, cause I still get lost in the espanol, but when I do listen, I know that that is what God wants for his lost sheep.

THis week has been filled with super hard stuff, and super good stuff, and wow, there is sure a lot more to come!

Love you all, Have a wonderful day, dont pee on the side of the road like people here do, haha and be happy! Pass a smile and laugh around for me!

Love you, heres some pics

Elder Olsen

Oh yeah, food.
It is ok. haha Watch for bones and hairs, and anything else sketchy, but ya. Some stuff I really like, some stuff I can barely keep down. And I have had more hot drinks in teh past 4 days than in my life haha, but it is good. Fish, rice, chicken, soup, eggs...:( canchita, which is popcorn, and we had RAMEN! I was soo elated to eat some american fod! haha. And my pencionista is amazing! Hna Carina and her family is my adopted family now! they are so great, so loving, so helpful, she is my mom here in good ol Cajamarca Peru!
















No comments:

Post a Comment