Sunday, August 17, 2014



Elder Tyler Peterson

Hello everybody!
What's up? I don't have a ton of time which REALLY is too bad, but that's the price you pay for balling hard on P-day! ;)

Anyways, this week was super! It was also probably my hardest as far as patience goes (both with myself and other people) but that might be why it was so awesome! We got a TRC investigator (which means that we've never met him and we don't know if he's a member or not) named Levi, and the first lesson was so fun, just talking in Spanish with somebody for 50 minutes getting to know them! :D Later in the week, we didn't prepare much for one of our lessons with him, and it was the worst lesson I've taught during mission without doubt. I felt terrible! However, we decided we'd do a much better job the next day, and it was like my favorite lesson experience ever! We showed him the Mormon Message "Until We Meet Again" (he loves Mormon Messages!!) about President Monson's friend who died in WWII, and Levi was so touched, and after I shared my testimony that we will see our loved ones again, he said something like, "it's so strange that you guys are so certain about these things, like it's more than belief, it's like knowledge" and that hit me hard. I'm so very grateful for my rock solid testimony of the Church and of the Plan and of the Atonement and everything!! :) I figure if I'll be able to contribute anything in Mexico, it'll be that!
Oh! We got an investigator to commit to baptism this week for the first time! That was incredible! I did a good job teaching, and the Spirit was SO strong, I loved it! :) Can't wait til it's for real!!
One awesome impression I got this week during a devotional was, "if Christ got you this far (which He did!), then He can make you the missionary He wants you to be!" That was SO encouraging, and it applies to everyone! Rely on the Savior, and He can make you great! (though you're all great! Just sayin!) You guys are the best! Thanks for your support! I'm praying for y'all everyday! ¡Les quiero!
¡Nos vemos!


Elder Tyler Peterson

P.S. Spanish word of the day: boladurar - to ball hard (that's a word our zone made up, but it seems legit ;)
P.P.S. Pictures! Elder Hoyt and I (he's in California now!!) and Elder Bowen, Elder Murphy, and I with our bathrobe class! We're quite the gents ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment