Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Elder Cameron Murray

Hallo Familie und Freunden!!
Hope everything is going well back home!!  This week at the MTC has been good. I know we all complain about being trapped here but it's really not so bad we're learning a lot and the food is decent.  Somebody was finally in tune with the spirit enough to put out Graham Canyon ice cream in the cafeteria, it was soooo good!  Conference Choir practice is going very well and the songs we are singing are AWESOME.  One of them will completely blow you away, in a good way of course.  Oh yeah, so last Sunday in my interview one of the Counselors was like, "We're making new calling assignments this week so be prepared."  Haha that struck fear into my heart and then sure enough they told my companion and I last night your the new Zone Leaders. Well hopefully I figure that out soon I will definitely need the Lord's help to qualify me for the work.  I'm glad I sometimes have trials or rough lessens to teach me cause I've got a lot to learn. The other day we were teaching a lesson and I wanted to teach our investigator the first lesson but our lesson kept going towards another topic.  Our teacher told him we need to teach him more doctrine rather than just only talking about his personal needs.  So I was frustrated and Confused and being quite the baby.  We learned that we need to find a balance to teach both by asking inspired questions.  And I learned to get over myself and my lesson plans and quit being a baby:)  I would encourage those of you who are able who are not planning on attending Priesthood session to come.  It's gonna be way good.  This Sunday was amazing.  I was blessed to have many of my concerns answered through others and the Holy Ghost.  Turns out my companion and I were going through the same trial and when I found this out the Lord blessed me to be able to help him through my personal experience and things I've learned from others.  The Lord put us together for a reason and I have no doubt he knows what He's doing.  We must constantly strive to have the spirit with us so that when the Lord calls upon us we will be ready.  I know that he has answered many of my prayers through others and I'm grateful for that.  Always remember, The Lord is our Shepard and he will not lead us astray when we follow him, he knows his sheep perfectly.  I guess I'll actually send some pictures this time!  Just so my parents accept me when I return home.  Here's a picture of my companion and my district



No comments:

Post a Comment