Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

What up everybody?!

Well, everything sounds crazy awesome back at home! I super wish I had time to write a lot of individual emails today, but today was NUTS!! (so... I don't have time ;))

So transfers! (they're called cambios here) Elder Gómez (the one that's not my companion) left, which is good, cause he was SO dead, it was ridiculous! (learned a lot though! ;)) Now Elder Layton's gonna train, which is sweet!! :) I'm not gonna be the newest missionary in the ward, so I'm hoping that it'l help get over any new guy angst that I still have! That's dumb that my mind works like that, but hopefully that gets better! :)

Today! Dropped Elder Gómez off, pulled out my MEXICAN HAMACA!!! Forgot to take pictures, but now I'm the owner of a very fine, very good looking hand woven hammock, which I'm super stoked about!! (hammocks are cooler to sleep in, which frankly I need... it's hot here ;)) Next week pics!! Anyways, that was sweet, but then we ran out of water as we were going to do laundry... Real bad. :/ So... we drew water out of this 16 meter deep well to get water to clean clothes and shower! Pretty legit right?! :) and exhausting! I feel so tired, but it's a good tired, so that's good! :) Oh, then I ate to death! Over and over again... Elder Gómez says I'm getting fat haha! Might be though... despite exercise, walking, serving, the heat, sweating, EVERYTHING, the members are feeding us more than we can eat, and I might be gaining weight... yikes!!

I legitly feel really optimistic about the work right now! We've found some really great people, and (cross your fingers! and pray!!) we may have a baptismal date that'll stick after tonight! :) That would literally be the best thing right now!

This week: One of the sisters in our district is heading home! Hermana Sandoval has served 18 months (I can't even think about that yet!), really funny street contacts (meaning they did NOT go well haha!) and anti mormon/missionary literature for the first time in my life! Crazy! But really, the church is SO true, no matter what anyone tries to tell you, because Heavenly Father told you, and that's what matters most!  I love you all tons! I'm praying for y'all, so make it count haha! ¡Que Dios bendiga a todos!

¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment