Elder Kyle Jensen
Hello from Korea everyone! ^^
So this past week has been incredible and I want to expound the importance of study, especially in Gospel works. But first off, funny, a little odd experience we had last monday. We were walking the streets in Korea and this drunk guy approaches us. We shake his hand to find that it's only a stub. anyway, the feeling of the Spirit leaving is just as evident as when the spirit comes. We needed to get away from this guy. So all in all he wanted to rough us up. He tried hitting us with his stump, but to no avail, he was way to wasted haha. REalize this wasn't serious, don't be scared for my well being haha. anyway he wanted to follow us (ka chi) he kept shouting and so we decided to run from sin haha. We booked it from that street and went our way. That never ever ever happens in Korea. Of course there's drunk people you run into but this guy was different. REcognize sin and RUN from it haha.
So importance of study. First I would like to mention Joseph Smith. What led Joseph to pray? Was it not because he found a verse in the bible and decided to show his faith and act? Exactly. I had a thought. What if Joseph Smith decided not to study at all, let alone that day? Because he decided to study, he found a source he could act on to bring about the restoration of our church. No I didn't have quite as magnificent of an experience but I had a very special experience of which I would like to share a little bit of. One day on the bus I decided to pull out some study material because when we ride, we ride for a while to get where we are going. Koreans are super friendly so every seat will be filled if there's enough people. anyway, that wasn't the case but while I was studying I noticed a guy looking over my shoulder, trying to figure out what I was doing haha. I jumped on the opportunity God freely gave to me and decided to talk to him! No sooner, we had his contact info and came to found he was an incredible guy. This guy needed the Gospel. Through a series of special miracles, we ended up meeting again, God guiding us the whole time. After our discussion of which we taught the Restoration, he wanted to experiment on our promise and pray. And he did just that, one of the most powerful, sincere, and short and precise prayers I've heard. But more important was that the Spirit was testifying of the truthfulness, and he felt that, we all felt that. From this I learned God places people in our paths, and we need to be ready to aid whenever we can. This doesn't apply just to missionaries! All of you in your life pass by people everyday wherever you are at. You too can be an answer to someone's prayer. God was so merciful to let me and my companion to be a part of this miracle, and it makes me love this work and people even more. Looking back in hindsight there are just more and more "what if" situations, but when God is in charge, everything will be done through His will.
I hope you all enjoyed conference! I don't get to listen until next week... But I'm super stoked to hear from our prophets, words of modern revelation, and even scripture itself. Have an incredible week!^^
~Elder Jensen
Just a pic of the more city part of Korea. Su Wan city while I was on an exchange.

No comments:
Post a Comment