Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Elder Joshua Nieman

These weeks just get faster and faster. Do you guys realize I have been in Peru for a month. It is really flying by for me and I am not sure about you guys but It is going pretty fast even though it has been a month and a half. This last week was alright. I got to do so many things but I can only tell a little. This week my companion had to go to immigrations so that meant I would do cambios with another companion in another area. His name was Elder Soto. He was really cool but didnt speak any english at all. It was actually really good for me cause after I changed back to my companion I understood everything he was saying and what all the people were saying. The language is coming and it really gives me the chills when I speak cause I can understand and I can talk a little bit. Haha it is actually alot more easier to understand than talk for me. Which is really frustrating but I know my talking will come. But anyways with Elder Soto we went to his area which was in La Molina. La molina is so much richer than my area. It was really weird going from not that rich to freaking rich. I really liked La molina and it was really nice to expirence a different area and teach new people. I also saw the temple for the first time and wow it is so beautiful. When I saw it I really felt like all my stress and all my worries went away. It was so amazing and I cant wait to go to the temple. Oh and by the way I love my new watch and so do a lot more other people. Soooo yeah I dont have my watch anymore. Sooo you might need to send me another one. haha no just kidding but I really like it and I gave my cute diamond one to my pensionista for her birthday. I will have to send a picture of our awesome watches. Oh man though the stuff in the package was so good. I laughed so hard when I read the letter and it said here are some fastbreak bars for a couple weeks. hahaha which I had already ate before I read the letter. Wow I miss american junk food. haha The food here is actually some of the best food I have had and it is really delicious. Well at least most of it. The drinks that have weird clumps in them arent my favorite but hey I will get over it. but thank you and I am glad I have such a wonderful and supportive family that send me really good stuff. I love you all.
I really like the mission right now. Even though I speak really really bad I love what the mission teaches and what it is doing for my life. I havent felt this way for a long time and I really feel like I am helping so many people. There are going to be so many struggles and and really there will be times I want to come home and just quit but I cant wait for those times cause that is when I will become stronger. I really liked this week cause we met this man that is so intrested and he wants to learn more. His name is Bernando. We invited him to come to church and automatically he said he will be there. Sunday rolls around and we see him with a big grin on his face and just so happy. After sacrament meeting he comes up to me and just gives me a big hug. He starts saying how beautiful that was and how he loves our church already. At that moment it really hit me that this reason is why I am here doing this work. It is so amazing to see the peoples faces when they recieve the gospel. We told him we would stop by his house later that day and when we did his whole family was sitting there and waiting to hear what we had to say. We havent invited them to be baptized yet but he keeps on telling us how he wants to be a part of the church. It was really cool and I am so happy I am out here helping people like him. Well this week was good and I hope all the weeks are like this but they probably wont but that is ok. I love you all and I do try my very hardest to answer all your emails. I love all my friends and just everyone that has sent me support. I love you all and I am so excited to tell you more and more expirences I have.
Love Elder Nieman

No comments:

Post a Comment