Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

Yes, Yes, the time is flying here in Korea, just as fast as it does in Utah I'm sure too haha. just to clarify, even though it's a transfer, I'm staying here in Anseong with the same companion because I'm being trained still, so that's awesome because I love it here in Anseong. It's a nice smaller town that reminds me of Utah, mainly because it has farmland. Other areas don't have the opportunity of seeing that haah.
One of our investigators, Kim Song Su, is heading off to America! He's taking his kids to some school for three months there, so he's leaving soon which is really sad because he is accepting the gospel really well. I'm getting my haircut from his wife sometime soon haha because she's a haricutter person. Anyway, it's been really cool to see him grow because we've been teaching him English as well. He even came and watched some conference! The people here, as well as in other places Im sure, are hit or miss, committed or not. But seeing these people come unto Christ is one of the biggest joys in the world, it's why I'm here.
And how about general conference?! Yes, I know all of you in America already got to see it, but we finally got to see it the last couple days! and it was incredible. It was a huge realization to me of how God's prophets and apostles are some of the most skilled missionaries out there. Each one of there talked touched base of some basic principle of the Gospel. They teach it so clearly, and so plainly that it cannot be mistaken. It was such a spiritual feast and testimony builder to realize that these men are called by an all-knowing God to deliver His word in His time. Everything I heard was so special and meaningful, I loved it. As of now, I don't really have a favorite word to share, but I did really love David A Bednar's talk. The whole world needs to hear the things he said, of course with the rest of conference too. I loved his invitation to "come and see." He simply and powerfully explained that we are ALL missionaries, we should all be inviting others to come unto Christ through our actions, words, thoughts, and deeds. TESTIFY of Christ, INVITE people to good, and perhaps most crucial, gain the DESIRE to share the most important things in the world, even God's word. Turning to Christ is turning outwards towards others; it establishes "the way we face." I hope all of you gained some personal revelation during this conference on how you can improve because this gospel is a gospel of CHANGE. There will never be a point in life and in the eternities where you can't improve until you become like God and Christ themselves. Life's journey, such an interesting concept itself when we compare it with eternity haha, oh boy. Anway, not a whole lot happened this week, hope you are all doing well! Love to hear from you all!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment