Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

Hey!

First off, I'm an uncle again!!!! :D Congrats Camille and Nate!! Oh my gosh! That was such good news!! His name's Cache Nathan Jensen, and that'll be the bomb to see him in like 20 months!! :)

So, we got our new Elder last Tuesday, his name is Elder Fitzwater (also from Utah! That makes three of us four from Utah!) haha, nobody can say his name! But he came in, he's struggling with the Spanish worse than I did, but we all try to help him out :) Elder Gómez is learning english like crazy now, and he is the proclaimed Frijol entre El Arroz! Pretty sweet title ;)

Anyways, speaking of spanish, I'm happy to say that that is coming along really well! I'm getting like 96% of Gospel related stuff and 65% of everything else! :) (percentages? haha I'm a nerd!)

I'm sorry to say that Elder Gómez is really not having a good time right now.  His family's going through some REALLY tough times, he's having some 'old life' issues that he wants to overcome SO bad, and he's feeling a lot of pressure (him and me both) to baptize, and last night, our shot to baptize this month was all but blown out of the water.  We really are contacting, teaching, everything with the Spirit, but so many people are just denying the truth that they can feel. AAUUGH!! But we have some really positive things too! :)

We brought two investigators to church, and chances of one of them getting baptized in two weeks are great! Irvin is 9, he told us he really wants to get baptized, and his mom said he had to start going to school and change a lot of things, and immediately he went to work! His dedication was inspiring, and he came to church and at a rough time with the kids in the primary shouting, but he made it! That was so great! :)

The other one we brought was terrific too! Aurelio is 85, has terrible knees, but was really brave in walking wherever he had too (though we did get a member to drive :)) and LOVED church! He's hooked, now we just have to listen to the Spirit in advancing it from here :)

Something that was way cool was we were talking to members in the street, and this 70 year old abuelita called to us and was like, ''Finding you was a miracle!'' and we were like, ''Hey!'' haha, some missionaries before were teaching Maria, then she ran into us and we're teaching her now! It really could lead to something amazing, that was a miracle to me too :)

It's all going so so fast now! We're really looking forward to a better couple of weeks, they'll be hard, but ojalá that they'll be prosperous too!  Everyone take care! Seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost in everything, Heavenly Father always has something He wants to say, so be sure to listen! Love you all!

Elder Tyler Peterson

P.S. Pics! Elder Gómez being a man and chapiando (I don't think that's it, but it's pretty close!) and my fake RayBans! 80 pesos!(like 6 bucks!) I've got this crazy fake sunglasses fetish, and I've started the hunt haha! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment