Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

¡Buenas tardes!

Hey everyone! First off, super happy that Sky View beat Logan, that really is just the best news! USU and BYU? I'm still not so sure how I feel on that one ;) haha, jk mom, go Aggies!!

Anyways, this week started out super tough, ALL of our appointments were falling through, Elder Gómez was sick, and we got a phone call from the Assistants about our lack of baptisms (which is really not good, Elder Gómez says that's the second time that's happened with him during his mission), so things were looking pretty bleak. Elder Gómez and I up to about Thursday were just super stressed out, being a companionship has never been as hard.  That said, I'm super grateful for tender mercies! :) The Lord really does love us, I know that's true, and every time ward members offered us some pastel or agua right when I needed something to help me out, I knew that they were helping meet the little needs I needed as a child of God to help keep me going :)

After Thursday though, it really picked up! We taught some really good lessons that might just have some excellent fruits, and General Conference?!  Holy cow!! Saved my life!  I LOVE conference!! :D Thankfully had the opportunity to watch it in english! (though I did listen to and understand the ones that were given in spanish! :D How cool was that?! Even Elders Christofferson and Holland got in on the act! Spanish is just the best ;)) But it really gave me a renewed Spirit of missionary work, and it re-taught me the true importance of learning and working to develop what I am into something greater, especially right now! This week I feel like my abilities of talking with people, teaching, and studying really improved, and I'm looking forward to a big improvement again!

As a side note, it is SUPER hot here! I'm sweating to death, and everyone here says that it'll be tons worse come April, so that's just great! ;) Also, ate mole (mo-lay)for the first time!! (pretty much chicken with a sauce that has tons of stuff in it, like apples, bananas, chocolate, and who knows what else), and unlike the vast majority of Americans eating it for their first time, I did NOT get sick! :) So I've decided that I've become a Mexican ;)

So basically, I'm very grateful for my testimony right now! I know that, as I keep working and exercising my faith in Christ, I'm going to see blessings here.  It's hard sometimes to not let the lack of success with the people I'm trying to help get to my head, but I really believe that sometime really soon, I'm going to help change someone's eternity, and it'll be something definitely worth waiting for! :D

Love you all! I'm praying for you every day, so be good!

¡Nos vemos!

Elder Tyler Peterson

P.S. Pics! Me and Elder Layton watching General Conference with clima (that was sick!) and a funda (scripture case) that Elder Gómez and I made out of a cereal box, awesome pictures (the Atonement, Christ coming to the Americas, and the Salt Lake City Temple!), and tons of tape! It's incredible! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment