Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Elder Joshua Nieman

Well this week went a lot better than the other week. I am starting to understand a lot more and I just feel like the spanish is coming. Haha but next week I will probably say oh that week sucked, I am never going to learn spanish. That is just how it is lately I have some good days but then other days arent as fun. This week I have a story about when we taught Familia Cuya. They are two old people that are so nice and they were the first family we taught when I got here. After our lesson the wife turns to me and says can you give me a blessing for health. I think she saw the worry on my face cause it was true I was nervous to say it in spanish. But she says I could say it in english. Haha those words were the best thing I heard this week. I kind of looked at her weird and said if she was sure she wanted the blessing in english. She said yes and me and my companion started with the blessing and when I finished she automatically turned to me and said I understood what you were saying. It took me a couple seconds but I realized that we were speaking the same language. The language of the spirit and through the spirit we can do anything. It was really cool to have her have so much faith in me to say that blessing. It was really the highlight of the week. Later that week we saw her and she said once we left she felt this energy and power overwhelm her and she thanked us like a ton of times. It was really good to hear and boosted my confidence but anyways this week was alright. I am still trying to adjust to the enviroment and just life here but everything is fantastic. I really do love the missionary life and just everything that you learn and what you can improve on. I had a chance to finally watch confrence and it was so good. Luckliy they had a computadora that had it in english. It was really weird though cause throughout the talks given I was getting so much out of the talks. At home I took GC for granted and I am so grateful for General Confrence. I loved all the talks and I just love this gospel. There wasnt much that happend this week but I did get pooped on by a freaking pidgen. I was so mad and it was in the middle of a conductas. Haha I was super embarrased but I had to go back to the room and change. Well today is my happy 2 month anniversary. 22 more to go. haha I really try not to focus on that to much but it does come in my mind every once in a while. I really do love all of you and I hope I showed that love when I was back home. You have so much time to think when you are out here and it really hits you on what you have got. I really am so grateful for all of you and I hope you are enjoying everything back home like chocalate and Ice cream and just freaking american food. I actually really like all the food. This week we had crab that our Pension caught himself. haha so that was pretty awesome but then we had heart. haha I really dont mind the weird food and I love trying new stuff but anyways I love you all and I hope your next week is going fantastic.
Love you all forever
Elder Nieman

Conductas = behavior or fit

Joshua's address in Peru:                                                

Elder Joshua Nieman
Peru Lima East Mission
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbanizacion Las Acacias De Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12
PERU

email:  joshua.nieman@myldsmail.net

Blog:   joshison.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment