Well going along with the title, this week we had a dish they call arroz con mariscos. Which is rice and octopus and shrimp... ugh... and i dont know what else, but if it hadnt been for the juice, I probably wouldnt have been able to wash it down. And it didnt help that it is the favorite dish of two of the pencionistas sons... cant dissapoint. Anyways so I went home and had to wash the taste out of my mouth, so I brushed my teeth and then ate some m&ms. And pretty much wow. world war 3 in my stomach... But dont worry I kept it all in and made it through the day.
This week was pretty good. Tuesday I had cambios con Elder Payaré, our ZL, which was sooo amazing! I truly was able to talk to him and open up and we are pretty good friends now. We worked hard and he helped me do some excercises to practice español, and our comp study was so full of the spirit. It was exactly what i needed at that time, to kinda take a break from E Lopez.
Elder Waddel, the gen authority that came to the ccm, is coming this week, so that should be sweet.
And today we went to some caves and explored around, but we didnt have a flashlight, cause elder wirthlin didnt understand where we were going and why he needed it, so we tried lighting a fire with the sparks off the walls. Then found some matches, but nothing would burn good. So we gave up on trying to find the bats that we heard. And we found some witchery stuff, love potions and other strange stuff.
And all you who may think that my doorbell ditching days ended the 29th of july, think again. We were knocking doors, and we got rejected hard core (Do me the favor of never touching another one of my doors today, tomorrow or EVER! Clowns!) haha so I just go and knock the next door, and didnt see that it was a door of a church... awkward.. so we had to hurry on around the corner.... haha.
Keep up the good work, I sure love you all and pray that everything is going well! Smile and keep on living it up! Dont let moments pass you up being sad, and if any of you need any adviceor praise or whatever, you know where to find me! :)
Elder Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment