Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Elder Cameron Murray

Hallo!
Wow this week was pretty incredible!!  As I left the stand from the conference center I looked around me and thought, I'll probably never see this sight again from the stand.  And if I do, let us all hope and pray it's only for choir!  There was so many miracles I don't even know where to begin.  Many of us were all sick at one point before we were going to sing, but the Lord gave us the Strength to push through. When we were practicing before the session I started to feel not so good and I started to get a headache, probably from stress.  I was reminded of a talk my dad gave me when we must do all we can to overcome a sickness medically before or along with a blessing.  I wasn't getting a blessing but I was praying and I understand more now that faith without works is dead.  I went and talked to some of our leaders wives and they pulled out all kinds of drugs!  They asked me which one I wanted and I had to let them pick cause I had no idea.   Throughout singing in priesthood session I felt Great and I believe the Lord gave me strength.  I also strongly believe there was angles among us and so did many other elders!  We only practiced 7 days and there was no way we could have sounded that good alone.  In our own strength we are nothing, but in the strength of the Lord we can do all things.  We had a testimony on the way back and many elders spoke of the personal experiences they had.  One said he had the thought that there's others that have been practicing a lot longer than us.  I believe those others really were angels, as I left the conference center I remember thinking Good thing God left some angels behind.  I also had a huge tender mercy.  At the end i was looking over the audience a little.  I doubted I would ever find my family and I don't even think I was looking for them anymore.  Suddenly, without any effort on my part, my head turned and looked directly at my family.  Seeing them brought me such joy and they immediately started waving their hands.  It was then that I realized, that's what this whole gospel is about.  Families!!!  I felt such powerful love like I have never felt before and I started to tear up.  If my joy was great in seeing my family at the conference center, then How great will be our Joy when we reunite in the presence of God.  Now Let us go forth, and share this same joy with the WORLD.  That they too may partake of the fruits from the Love of Christ.
Love,
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment