Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Elder Kasey Crafts

Tuesdsay, October 7, 2014

 Dear Friends and Family,

Oh boy this was for sure a great week! We had many great and wonderful conferences this week. General Conference and then Zone Conference!

General Conference always seems to live up to my expectations. After every conference i always think. "How can it get any better than that?" and then next conference it does. It sure was cool to have the speakers speak in their native languages. All of us missionaries were able to watch the conference in English. I had many favorite talks but one of my favorite talks was by Elder Klebignat. He talked about living selective commandments brings selective blessings, and how living all the commandments brings all the blessings. This reminds me of something we try to do as missionaries. When we enter a home we try to do a mental check. We notice circumstances and things the home is missing and we realize by what commandment that could be helped by and then we teach that commandment later on. So in essence we see what blessings they are missing and then we teach the commandment so they can keep it and receive the blessing.

One other quote i loved was by Elder Holland. He said, "you are not your brothers keeper, but you are your brothers brother." I love that so much! When we realize that we are all brothers and sister and serve each other, we begin to live the Saviors way.

One of my other favorites was Elder Bednar's talk in the final session. I loved how he explained the idea of missionary work to the people that aren't members (yet). I loved this even more because one of our investigators was able to come!!! It was a huge miracle. We had told everyone we talked to about conference, offered rides, told them anything we could to get them to come with us. Everyone had told us they were busy and those that said they could come ended up canceling. But Sunday morning we prayed in faith, for Eva Violobols to find a way to come, and she did! It was a huge testimony of God answering prayers. Also she came to the best session for an investigator to come to.  Eva's baptism date is October 25.

Yesterday we had Zone Conference. (This is where the President Miller comes and talks to all of us) We received a lot of great instruction and also we were able to watch the movie "Meet The Mormons!"  It is the first movie filmed by the church to go to theaters. It is going to be a huge missionary tool! And i'll admit i almost cried too. It comes out to all theatres October 10th. If you go to see it maybe think about taking a non-member. The work is hastening.

I'm continuing to work a lot on my Spanish every day. I pray everyday for the gift of tongues and i can see the Lord is helping me. I can understand most things people say, and if not that the gist of it. I'm practicing a lot on my accent also.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment