Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

Hey everybody!

So I know I start all of these emails the same way, but how are you doing?  The weather's really nice down here!  Elder Gómez put on a sweater vest this morning, and Elder Layton´s been wearing his Boise State hoody around it a lot, so I guess it's getting cold haha :) Believe it or not, I HAVE seen people wearing coats around here while I'm still sweating! Crazy!! But, I bet it's colder up in Utah ;)

This week was pretty interesting... and I almost went crazy! But I'm good, and there's so much I want to say! We found these really cool abuelitos, they're named Zipliano and Lucia, and it's gone really well with them! (Also, they're OLD! Super sweet, but Zipliano really can't move faster than an inch an hour! Robyn, if you remember Tim Conway and his super old guy act, that's Zipliano!!! If it wasn't real, I'd be laughing SO hard!) But he came to stake conference, which in itself was super cool, but the conference itself was kind of disheartening... The speakers themselves weren't terribly exciting, and when we asked the ward mission leader to come greet Zipliano, he literally said no.  I couldn't believe it! :0 So... the ward's not exactly helpful at all, but that's not news :/

Something that was crazy, then I'll get to the good news!  We were visiting some members that were celebrating the very soon departure of a misionera, when Elder Gómez took Elder Layton and they ran back home (bathroom probs ;) no, he actually crapped his pants!!! Ojalá that never happens to me!!) but I was left with Elder Fitzwater to talk to this drunk inactive who walked by, and we had an exciting conversation about how she wants to get baptized again, with sandals and robes just like Jesus did! That was fun ;)

Good news!! One, Elder Gómez finally was able to buy some new shoes today!!! :)  Due to the water, his other shoes broke, he had TERRIBLE fungus (imagine feet that look like a brain! Baaaaddd!!) and his feet were killing him! But, now he's a happy camper :)

Two!  WE ARE BAPTIZING THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!! :D :D I'm so happy right now, and we still have a ton to do, but I know we'll get there! Irvin, 9, is super stoked, he trusts us a TON and he just really wants to receive the happiness of the Gospel which is so so real!! :) We just figured out that our area hasn't baptized for six months, so it's about time I figure!

Elder Gómez and I have frankly struggled with the whole exact obedience thing for the past couple of weeks, not that we've been like fritos, but we haven't really been the most effective either, but then I remembered that the MTC was so so effective for me, and I really believe that that came from being exactly obedient! (D&C 130. 20-21) So we've been praying, finding faith, and we're ready to change our ways and really start cranking! :)

Everyone be good! Keep the commandments, read the Book of Mormon, and seek the Spirit! Love you all and thanks for everything!

Elder Tyler Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment