September 23, 2014 (Mexico CCM)
Today I leave for Peru and I am super excited but still pretty nervous. That is fine cause I have the spirit with me all the time. Mom and Dad I don’t know if you will answer but I am planning on calling you tonight but it might be a process cause I need to buy a calling card or something like that but I will try my best to call. I have a book of mormon and I am going to try to give it to someone in the airport. haha that will be interesting but we will see. It was a challenge that my district came up with and we are going to try to hand one out. Oh and I packed all my stuff just like you (Dad) so I am pretty good with that. Mom wanted to know if Elder Osborne was in my district and he isn’t. He is going to Peru North mission. All my district is going to Peru East and a couple more from another district but it will be great just to get out of here and start. I am super excited.
I am guessing my pday will be Monday. If not I guess I will have to wait to tell you. Also I am really nervous to see who my Senior Companion is cause he might be a Latino and I wonder If I will be able to communicate well enough. My flight is a 6 hour plane ride and it leaves at 1150 p.m. We leave the CCM at 8 o clock this time and we will go through security and I will see if I can buy a calling card. I think I will get to Peru around 550 a.m. and I am not sure how long it takes to get to La Molina but all I know right now is that I have to get on a plane at 1150. Haha
I think Dear elder is a really good tool and I like getting letters that are actually in envelopes but all mail is good. I got Moms letter she sent on September 11 and one from Jann from Dear elder. I got your letter a couple weeks ago and I got one from Sister Burnham in the ward. It was really nice and I put your letter with the others the sisters and mom gave me. Sister Burnham said she was prompted to send me a letter. It was a really good letter and it made me feel good. Oh man I am going to Peru I am finally starting my mission like officially. It hits me every couple minutes but it is really cool that I made it through the CCM.
Ok I have to go right now so I love you all forever and I will try to call you tonight but if not I will talk to you guys next week
Love Elder Nieman
September 24, 2014 (Peru Lima East)
Hey I made it to Lima Peru and everything is going really great. Everything is so cool here and my house is really awesome. It was really nice to talk to you guys at the airport and I just want you all to know that gave me a lot of motivation. Peru is really smoggy and it is overcast right now. Oh and just to let you know my companions name is Elder Alacama and he is really nice and cool and I think he is going to help me out a bunch. I will have to send some pictures of when I left the CCM cause I didnt send you guys those pictures of Elder Osborne and Hermano Soto. I met my mission president also and he is the man. He is super nice and it feels like he loves me as a son. It really made me feel more calm about this whole situation. I have a picture of him too that I will have to send on Monday. Tomorrow I think we start teaching and I hope everything will go the way it should. I felt really confident in my spanish but now I feel like I dont know anything. That is ok I will learn.
Love you all
Love Elder Nieman
*more pics from last week on the blog: joshison.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment