Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Elder Joshua Nieman

This week was pretty cool and awesome and just a lot of walking. haha Wow it is really nice to get out of the MTC and starting to teach people. I love the people here and how happy they are. Well at least most of them. When I got off the plane in Peru and started to hear the people talk, I had no idea what they were saying at all. I have no clue what anyone is saying and it is really hard to think that I will be able to understand. It is very different than Mexico. I just wish I could understand them better so I can teach better. It kind of sucks just sitting there and watching two people or more have a conversation in spanish. Im not frustrated I am just really wondering if I am going to understand any of these people ever. This week has been really confusing but really awesome to. I invited someone to be baptized and they said yes. It was really cool and it was incredible that they understood me. I know the language will come but for now it is really hard cause I dont understand. I pray every night for the gift of tongues but I know I need to study hard. Anyways my new companion is Elder Alacama. He is from Bolivia and he is super awesome. I have no idea what he says most of the time but that is ok cause that is how I am going to learn better. Haha he is super happy all the time and I can tell he will be a wonderful companion to work with. I also think he has a lot of patience which is good for a trainer to have. Peru is freaking awesome though. I just love the culture and I like how everything here is different. HAHA it looks like I am going to be taking cold showers for the next couple of months cause the showers are way cold and freezing. I have to be more quick also cause we need to cross the streets with cars coming cause the roads here are not good at all. ha but I will be safe dont worry. The food is super good and I havent got super sick yet. haha There is a lot of rice and we usually have chicken a lot but we also have hamburgers which is way awesome. The drinks are really weird and they taste like dish water. haha but that is ok. We have pensions here that make our food and do our laundary so I dont really have to do anything. It is super nice. My pensions name is Walle. He is the coolest person I have ever met. He helps me learn spanish and just is a really awesome person. His whole family is really nice to me and the other elders. The other elders I am living with are Elder Martinez and Elder Jenkins. They are both really cool and they are super funny. Oh and one more thing there are so many dogs here. You have to be careful cause they come up and try to attack you. haha I already got bit by one of them but all I had to do was hit him with my book of mormon. haha I am fine though so dont worry. I love everything so far which is a good sign since it has only been the first week. I am so happy that we got the chance to talk with each other at the airport though it really lifted my spirit and made me stronger. There was so much I wanted to say but I had no time so I just want to say I love you all forever. I am running out of time but I will talk for a couple more minutes. Also I got the package and It was awesome to finally have some american food. I got it right as I came to the mission home. I am glad that everyone is doing good and I just want you all to know that I love you all and I just wish you guys could be here to watch me grow cause I can feel it in me. Except for the spanish I am never going to understand that. haha but no I am super excited to learn more and more and teach more and more.
Love you all forever
Love Elder Nieman


No comments:

Post a Comment