Alphabet Soup
That is what my head is filled with.
I cannot talk english or spanish, the words are just floating around mixing up everything. Wow! I guess I was sleep talking in spanish the other night.... ya. Then I try and talk and i cant.
But who cares, cause I have the Lord helping me, and the spirit to testify of the truths I know!
Anyways ya. Had an indiana jones adventure today, exploring catacombs under this church.. see picture. It was prohibited to take pictures, but I laid down in one of the empty graves, hahaha wow. talk about creepy! It was straight from indiana jones, seriosly, except it wasnt filled with rats. but ya we saw lots of bones and skulls, and ya it was wierd. Dead people smell weird.
Had one of the best experiences of my whole mission. Sister Rasmussen, the shorter hermana, was scared of going down in the catacombs, was like, you go first. So I did. And what do you think I did?
Hahaha I hid behind the wall at the end of the spiral stairs, and scared the crapppp out of her! She freaked out sooo bad.
hahahahaha I havent laughed that hard for sooo long! Ya. I love doing that!
Food. I have discovered the celestial kingdom. A member has this restaurant, that smells so wonderful. For lunch I had a hamburger, leche con platano, which is heaven, and cabo de india cake. Like carrot cake with coconut, and i dont know what else. But it was soooo good. We also had picarones, which is like a yam spudnut, with honey, and that was just as amazing!
And we are teaching a family, Vera Burgas, that the mom and two little kids are members, but the dad isnt, but they are conviviente. which a ton of people do here unfortunately. But we challenged them to set a date to get married ,and get baptised and they are an amazing family, I am hoping and praying for them. Milagros and Carlos. We are hoping for a miracle in this wedding. haha. those who speak spanish understand.
And we had our first baptism, what up!! Souls for the Lord! Haha, Rosaria cotrina, an ancient lady, that cant remember how old she is, or much else for that, exept joseph smith, made the covenant of baptism! And I was lucky enough to be able to help her with that! It was sooo hard, she was in a chair, and we had to do it over agian, cause she wouldnt straighten her legs, wow. I was pushing as hard hard hard as I could! Finally we got it done.
NOw. Pause. Go get your preach my gospel. I will wait.
No. Go get it!!!! I know you are just scrolling. GO get it!
Ok.
Page 220. first bullet. read the quote from pres hinckley. Pray, and evaluate yourself. Dont pray for me. Pray for yourself, to help in your ward. THe lord is watching me, of that I am sure, I have a testimony like a rock of that! Befriend, help in the ward. Humble yourself and allow the Lord to work through you. THis is very important to me, I learned sooo much about how much members mean. Love ya all lots, Hope you smile and write me a letter! ;)
Elder Olsen



No comments:
Post a Comment