Yes, saving souls indeed. This past week I got to go to the Seoul Temple!!! Ahhh!!! What an incredible blessing I have not only to be serving God's children in a foreign country, but also the opportunity every transfer to serve God's children who have already past on. Wow ^^. The temple is such an amazing place, even being able to walk around the grounds is special. It was really surprising to find the temple because it's tucked into a big city haha. The temple, ah, love it.
Last week I extended a challenge and I want to hear about it haha! So please, if you tried picking out a Christ-like attribute and strived to learn and grow in that area, tell me about it! ^^
This past week I picked out Faith and I really wish I could learn everything about these characteristics, but even if I studied them my whole life here on earth, I wouldn't know everything. Anyway, faith. From what I got from faith is that a majority is expressed through our intent and ACTIONS, and diligence to go beyond what we normally do. This past week, I've learned about having faith in other people because that one thing I sometimes struggle with. Having faith that our investigators will keep commitments, meet with us and much more. One of our investigators has really been taking a big leap of faith and it's been cool to work with him. His name is Champ and he is Napalese? Haha, we have a few foreign investigators, and he is quite the guy. He's in his 20's doing some studies in Korea, and yesterday night was such a tender mercy and miracle. When my companion and I were doing our daily planning for the next day, Champ calls us. The previous meeting we had with him we finally got a BoM in his native language and we gave it to him. We asked him to read, to pray about the BoM according to Moroni's promise. Anyway, yesterday night he called and set up the appointment for us haha and said he wanted to meet and talk about the BoM. Him and another investigator, Kim Song Su, have really taken big leaps of faith, and I thank God daily for giving us these people to work with as they strive to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The acts of faith we put towards to support and help other people go a long ways, and I was so thankful I got to focus on faith this past week.
Just a word of support for any who are worrying about the future, what's next in life, I would guide you to 3 Nephi 13:32-34. Take no thought for tomorrow, and SEEK God and His kingdom first. If we sincerely put God on the top of our priority list and seek to obey His commandments, he will provide the means you need to get by. God is real, and he is supremely merciful.
Oh, a request for all of you along with the Christlike attribute. General Conference is coming up!! But... I don't get to listen to it until the week after it actually happens. So, if you would, I would love to hear from all y'all about what your favorite line or talk was from this coming conference. That way I can get a head start haha ^^. It would be much appreciated!
Some randomness for ya. I had ice cream for the first time in my life at Baskin Robbins... In Korea haha. There are a few American joints here but the food isn't worth the price. But we found this place called Dos Mas, and it had some incredible burritos, wow. So there's a little bit of a culture mix, but not too major. I'm still waiting for a really foreign food to eat, like pig intestines, squid, octupus... when that happens I'll be sure to tell ya, but ya. Korea's awesome ^^
~Elder Jensen





No comments:
Post a Comment