Elder Kyle Andrus
HELLO!!!!
First transfer is already over. Stayin in Harborne with Elder Battles. LETS GO!!! Time is flying out here.
Wow. This week was interesting. ALOT of things happening. We decided that we would go out and GQ as many people as we could, and it was really cool because one day, we got like 9 people in a row that were interested. We called them made appointments and 3 of them actually came to church! We were pretty pumped. The 3 that came were Gallert, Manning, (as in payton manning) and Raymond. We made way too many everybody loves raymond jokes. Way to many. HAHA. But he loved the attention! All chinese. I love chinese people so much. I wish i knew better chinese so that i could communicate better. But i know quite a bit so that is good. Taking Chinese in school definatly helped. But didnt help me know how to spell definatly... Oh well!
Man. We got a call from Fiona today. She is going to get baptized!!! She watched a baptizm on sunday, and she asked him why he got baptized and he said it was a leap of faith. the spirit worked on her, and she decided that getting baptised was the right thing for her. We were sooooo excited for that. So grateful.
Christian is still struggling to find his answer. He wont come to church either so we are going to have to teach him a lesson on the importance of sabbath day observence.
Cheng hao. What a roller coaster. He didnt answer our calls until thursday, Met with him friday. Commited him to quit smoking and seems really pumped about it, commit him to come to church on sunday, then doesnt come to church, and wont answer our calls. We are trying to get in touch with him still. I am really connected to him because this is the first person i really am going through the whole cycle with. I GQed him, battles is letting me lead the lessons with him so that is really cool. i just feel like he is a person who has been prepared for me to come teach... I hope we can come back into contact with him.
Jing Hui is still jing hui! So happy up beat spunky and hilarious. She is keeping all her commitments and hopefully she will be a little more accepting for baptism. But man, she is the happiest person i have ever met.
I had to teach Sunday School this week. So that is super interesting. haaha Luckily it was on an easy subject, honesty. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of me teaching a lesson in sunday school.
Interesting week for sure. I Am just feeling more and more like i am finding my missionary groove. Its starting to not feel so foriegn now. I am kinda getting the hang of waking up at 630 to excersise no less, making my own food. working for the whole day, and finding my teaching groove. Its going good out here.
I love you all!!!
Elder Andrus
#everybodylovesraymond
No comments:
Post a Comment