Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

Wowowow, it's been quite a crazy week, and to add I don't have a lot of time to write everything I want to say. Anyway, here we go.
So this last week was super nice because we ate so much food haha :) The Koreans will feed you until you throw up, and that's quite literally. If you don't tell them to stop they will keep putting food on your plate and you HAVE to eat it all because you don't want to disrespect them. Luckily, I haven't been fed until I've thrown up haha, it sounds like no fun. We got to eat a meal at one the member's home and it was fantastic. But not only that, we always get to leave a spiritual message with them as well. The branch I'm with is so fun. One of the biggest things we focus on with missionary work here is to really strengthen the wards and branches, keep them strong and going. It was hard last week because we had only about 7 members show up to church because of the holidays. The work is hard, but the people we work with are amazing and I love it.
becuase missionary work was slow (not the only reason of course) we had a big mission conference where we did a lot of fun activities and a talent show with our whole mission. It was super fun, yes we still have fun on missions, don't worry haha :)
Due to time, I would just like to share a special experience. I want you to all know that God loves us so much. These weeks have been pretty hard emotionally, but more overly mentally, and in result it was fairly hard. But, I can testify to you all that if we "pour out our whole souls" unto our Heavenly Father in prayer that He will always answer. After a super hard day, I prayed so hard, so sincerely because I was broken and needed healing. The next morning in my studies God led me to D&C 84:88, and through that my head was lifted up and I was wrapped in His tender arms of love. Our Heavenly Father will do that to you all, I sincerely know that.
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things you have never done before." This past week has been filled with things I have never done, and God has blessed me so much for the efforts of my companion and I. Next week when I have more time (hopefully) I need to send that poem I finished forever ago in the MTC.
Anyway, sorry I couldn't say much, but I know that these things are true. Christ is walking by our side, smiling at our success, and sobbing with our sorrows. I love you all, have a wonderful week! :)
~Elder Jensen

Pics: My birthday bash with our district haha (Elder Ely, Elder Despain, me, and my companion Elder Wilcox)
         Giant spiders are here in Korea haha, the picture doesn't give it justice. they're really creepy and everywhere by shrubbery outside



No comments:

Post a Comment