Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

First, I wanna share that poem I finally finished. 2Nephi 30: 5-7

It's these sclaes of darkness that hinder our fiath and sight
satan's preventative measure to try and hide Christ's light
A seemingly harmless layer coating the surface of our eyes
Leads mankind to unhappiness, wickedness, and despise
Wandering around in disheartening blindness, our hope slowly dissapates
NEVERTHELESS, christ our lord saves and a delightsome hope He creates
A miracle directly from the hand of God! Rejoice! Rejoice and say:
"Believe in Christ! He lives and leads the way!"
Our scales of doubt, unbelief, and insecurity begin to shed
All because this people came to a knowledge of what their fathers said
Through Jesus christ, Son of Man, a birhgt light will shine
A phenomenon so indescribable, so glourious, and so divine
Jesus Christ lives through us by sharing His light
So it's crucial to serve with all our heart, mind, and might
We will falter, we will stray, and we will feel utterly lost
But if we rid ourselves first of these dark scales, Christ will comfort and pay the cost

Sorry for mispelling or anything, I'm usually nit picky with it but time is gold on here haha.
Anyway, I had a super fun experience this week! As part of being missionaries here in Korea, we have a family English program we do where we teach English for a bit, then the Gospel. It's a wonderful program because it helps us introduce our gospel through another source. Anyway, our district got to help out with an English "camping" trip with one of our investigator's sources. There were about 25 kids there that we got to teach English through a bunch of games haha. Yes, we even got a snack time haha ^^ Oh boy, it fulfilled one of my dreams in Korea by getting to play a little bit with the kids here, I loved it. another exciting thing is that I ate at a gogi buffet! Haha, yes, it's not totally quality, but it sure filled a bunch of missionaries up. Most of the restaurants here have a stove in the middle of the table where you usually cook your own meat and other food, sitting crossed legged without shoes. So nice, right? ^^ Ah it makes me happy. Talking about food, one of our investigators sure likes to feed us. His name is Jong Jong Hoon, and he is quite the character, I love him. We are teaching him through our English program, but he has really taken a leap with exercising his faith through reading the Book of Mormon. He is so excited when he reads that for the past couple days he has been calling us in the morning to 1. practice his english and 2. report that he read the Book of Mormon. I really hope he continues and realizes the power and revelation it contains. Oh, and I forgot, this guy is like in his 50's and he decided to die his hair! Now I'm not saying that to make fun of him in anyway, I just want to tell you about his fun personality haha ^^. I really love it over here guys. This week I have been focusing on the Christ-like attribute of Charity and Love and I can tell you it's really made a difference in my life through my actions, thoughts, and much more. I want to extend a challenge to all of you to implement a Christ-like attribute each week in your life (found in Preach My Gospel pg. 126). I promise you that if you pick one each week, focus on it and do something every day to help you grow in that area that God will pour out His blessings even more abundantly upon you. You will find greater knowledge and be a better person. After each day and would challenge you even more to RECORD how you implemented that characteristic each day throughout the week. It's really a simple task with profound effects. Doing this has made me so happy, and it was one of the greatest feelings in the world to forget myself and focus on others.
A few thoughts I would like to share. I ran into a really cool quote and analogy while reading the Liahona one day. It says, "Calm seas don't carry barges to the promised land - stormy seas do." Let's be real here everybody, life isn't always rainbows and butterflies haha, BUT, because we endure through our trials, we receive the greatest gift in the world, our "promised land." So I pose a question, what's your promised land? Many times throughout the BoM it mentions this promised land, but now apply. What is yours and what are you going to do to obtain it?
One more thought from 3 Nephi 28. This chapter talks about three of Christ's desciples who desired to stay on earth to serve God's children. I think the scriptures described them "even such as angels." I can testify to you that angels will bear you up in your life if you remember and come unto Christ. These "stormy seas" are really really REALLY hard sometimes, but we have SO many resources to help bear us up; God, Christ, angels, scriptures, other people. This work is real, and I love it so much.
Please know that I really do love you all, and I try and express this love through my words and challenges. I love hearing from all of you and your experiences back in Utah. I hope all is well ^^

P.S. I didn't really get a great picture of the kids or with the kids, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment