Proverbs 25 25
I made it to Uruguay safely, haha I can not believe that I am actually here it is super cool.
So I am in the city Melo it is pretty decent sized not to big and not to small, the people here are really nice. Melo is like 5-6 hours away from the capital, Montevideo, so I am kind of out in the bounies haha. But I like it a lot I am near the Brazilian boarder it is super awesome. Most of the people that live here have lived here their whole life.
The food here is good, for lunch I think I have had noodles and meat or soup with noodles and meat almost every day. But I like it so I am good with it, but there is one thing that i have a problem with here is that they don´t eat Dinner!!!! I thought that was crazy, but they will only have like a really small meal or just a snack. But the lunches are big so that difinitly helps.
The weather here is good when I first got here in the night I thought I was going to feeze to death haha, but now it is starting to warm up. The afternoons are really nice but the nights can be pretty chilly.
My new companion is Elder Malta he is from Orem, Utah but his parents are from Mexico, so when we got put together I thought that he didn´t know any English and I was kind of freaking out a bit. But he speaks perfect English and Spanish. He told me before the mission that he was already fluent in Spanish.
In my mission we don´t have cars or bikes, we walk. haha, I like it though it is really good excercise. I never realized how much missionaries here walk, we walk a lot, everywhere and our area is pretty decent sized.
Well I hope you guys all had a good Summer and for all those of you who are going to shool right now, good luck.
Sincerly,
Elder Rogers
When proselyting we stopped at a little bakery. It was super cool we went inside and there was some cakes and a bunch of treats and stuff. So i bought some of these chocolate covered caramel mini pie thing it was so good and it only cost like .60 cents (U.S. dollars), and in the U.S. i bet the same thing would have cost a least 2 dollars. When it comes to food at least from what I have seen the food is cheaper here. I was also talking to a guy from Uruguay at the CCM and he told me that the Argentina food is a lot like Uruguay.
This week all of the Elders got haircuts, so there is a guy at the CCM that can cuts your hair and it literally takes like 1 minute and a half and he basically does the same hair cut for everyone but it´s crazy how fast he could do it.
I leave for Uruguay this coming Tuesday at like 4 in the morning. So I wont be able to email until next Monday and from then on my P days will be ever Monday in the mission field.
I hope you guys all of a great summer and thanks for all of the emails.
Sincerely,
Elder Rogers
No comments:
Post a Comment