Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

Hey everyone!

How are you guys? Legitly, it seems like everything is pretty good, including here! :) Lots of super good, super not good, and not a ton of in-between!

Super good: Last Monday was AMAZING! Taught some really Spirit filled lessons (hearing an investigator say your message touched his heart? AHHH!!! AWESOME!!! :D) I did like the best street contact I've ever done (by the Spirit of course! I couldn't have done that alone!) and they're looking really good, and we went to get Nitos (the Mexican version of Twinkies that are WAY better) and we got a golden investigator there! Roberto has a drinking addiction but he wants to quit SO badly, and the lesson we had with him was incredible! Interviews with President Morales really helped me out a ton! :) They said that my spanish was the best out of the Americans in my generation (gift of tongues is real!! :D) And Saturday we had a miracle! We had a box of brownie mix but no oven (which is a real problem) so we tried putting them in the microwave and it worked!  :) After like 70 seconds on power high we had the moistest box brownies ever! None of us have gotten salmonella yet, which probably is also a miracle ;)

Super not good: Ate part of a legit habañero for the first (hopefully last!) time Tuesday!! I love habañero salsa, so I felt ready for the real thing. NOPE.  It wasn't as hot in my mouth as I thought it was going to be, but once it reached my innards (for lack of a better word) OWW!!! It hurt a ton, and I could literally tell exactly where it was in my body, cause it like burned way bad wherever it was! Pepto-bismol and milk saved my life! Had a fun discussion with a sister that hates Americans, and then we had Noche Mexicana! That was actually way fun! But we missionaries had to do an act, so we ended up singing 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift, and so there I was singing T-Swift (in the same octave that she does!) in front of the whole ward with none of them understanding me! Luckily, I forgot to have someone record it, so none of you have to suffer like they did! ;)

But the work is progressing so well in our area! Lots of potential for baptisms, any second, something amazing's gonna happen! Love you all! Always seek the Spirit in everything, and have a great General Conference! :)

Elder Peterson

P.S. Also ate Nacho Libre corn!!! :D Super good!  It's called Elote, I forgot to take a picture, so that means I'll have to eat some more ;)

P.P.S.  Pics! :) Noche Mexicana, and the miraculous microwave brownies! :)



Our area wall! Elder Gómez had this idea, and it's got post-its with names and info and goals on it now, super cool!

Be good!

Elder Tyler Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment