Wednesday, September 3, 2014



Hola todas!

So another week has passed. I am now 5 weeks in, 34 days! I am still amazed that I am actually in peru. And at the same time it has been realy hard. This week was super tough. We walked long hours with not a ton of success, just people dont want to be saved I guess... Especially saturdays are hard. Cause there is a party on every street, and borrachos, drunks, alllllll over town, haha. Ya. So things are pretty interesting.

But we had some awesome lessons! Like when we taught Horacio and his family. They are very faithful people, his son is a preacher for the catholics, but we were able to teach them a ton, and feel the spirit, and focus on their personal needs as a family. Relying on the spirit is an amazing thing that I have learned here, and such a blessing in my life. I can feel such joy when I testify and teach with the spirit, like nephi says, He who speaks with the spirit touches hearts. And there is nothing like knowing that you are helping someone realize their eternal potential.

Also we are teaching a monk. haha he is super awesome, but loves to talk forever. Like we had an 8 minute prayer. But he is having a hard time, because being a monk is not only his religion, but his whole life. he accepts all of the stuff we teach him, but It is hard for him to change everything, and he hasnt really recieved a great answer, for him to be willing to change. So we are hoping and praying that he will be touched by the spirit.

I have a surprise, but I am gonna save it for next week.

Service: here, if a table doesnt fit through a door, you just lift it over the top of the house, and bring it down the stairwell to the level you want, hahaha. We were helping a family move and lifted a kitchen table about 50 feet of the ground, and it almost fell, but we got it in the house. Service is amazing, but a lot of people dont accept it here, which is tough. You kinda have to just start helping, without asking.

Food: If you want to set fire to your face, eat a rocoto relleno. A refilled chili pepper, I think it was a jalepeño, but man they put some sort of acid inside it. Elder lopez was all certain that ¨no pica mucho¨ But when I could not stop my self from crying, and couldnt feel my cheeks or tongue..... ya I didnt believe him. But he was worse, I ate almost all of mine, he only ate a tiny bite and was burning up.

Anyways, I sure love you all, miss you, and hope and pray everything is going well for you! Go to the temple! I miss it soooo much, it is such a special place, and you cannot replace the blessings of going.

Be happy, and someone please pass a smile on to someone for me!
Pics: baños del inca pday- Llama selfie, our district, district atehualpa, and we finally found a store that sells american food- cookies, granola bars, cookie mix, peanut butter. So I can make it another month haha :)

Love ya!
Elder Olsen

Oh yeah, and for all of you, when you write me letters, my address is

Elder Kyler Christian Olsen
Peru Chiclayo Mission
Calle Los alamos 128
Urb. Santa Victoria
Chiclayo, Lambayeque
PERU

and you can also go to my blog
elderkylerolsen.blogspot.com
to see more pictures and stuff.

Also you can send me letters from dearelder.com, just select Peru chiclayo mission, type away, and ya I will get some more treasures!
Thanks again, Love ya!






No comments:

Post a Comment