I had no idea what to put for the title, and so I decided to put that for it!
Cool story first: there was this this super duper skinny spider, but
not small, that was hanging down just inside our pot that we had on
the stove. My companion jokingly suggested that I should turn on the
stove, but i decided it was a great idea! The spider felt the heat,
and then touched down into the pot. I then flipped the pot over
almost upside down and put it to the flame. The spider burst into
flames and completely disintegrated! It was awesome!
I've realized that one of my least favorite things about the mission
is also one of my favorites: the freeway. When traffic is bad and you
move at an average of 5 mph, I haaate the freeway. When it's
semi-crowded and you can still go fast, I love the freeway because you
get to weave around cars going fast! Sooo fun!
We had a Thanksgiving social last Friday. It was good. Nothing to
special about it though. There was quite a few people that came
though! We've never had numbers this high for socials!
I also had my first companionship exchange last Wednesday. It was
great! I was just a little bit worried because I was the one who knew
the area, so I had to make all the decisions on who we would visit.
It turned out really good though! I get to do it again this week (my
companion is the district leader, so i get to do this a lot), only
this time i will be going to a different area with a 6-month
Vietnamese-speaking elder. For those of you who do not know, it takes
about a year before you start to feel comfortable with Vietnamese on
the mission, so we'll see how that goes with a 6.5-monther being with
a 3.5 monther!
Spiritual message... let me think... well, there is a new Mormon
Message out called the Refiner's Fire, or Furnace- it's something like
that. You should all watch it if you can! I won't tell you what's in
it, but I do know that when we realize that this life is meant for us
to be refined, we realize part of the reason of why we had to come to
this life and why we go through the trials that we do. The woman in
the video had very good insights. Once again, I will not tell you
what she said, because I want you all to watch it! If you don't have
access to it... well, make a note of it so that you can watch it
later.
I'm out of time, but I love you all and I know that God loves us and
that we go through the trials that we go through to help us reach who
we are meant to be.
Be happy!
Love,
Elder Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment