Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Elder Tyler Peterson

Hello everybody!

How is the life?? I hope that everyone is doing wonderfully, because in this moment, I feel like I am holding up pretty well, even though things aren't exactly ideal.  But hey, it's a new week, so it'll be GREAT!! :)

This past week started with a near disaster.  Elder Gómez woke up feeling terribly sick, la verdad is that he's had dengue before, and nearly all of the symptoms he was having showed that he might have caught it again (note: second times with dengue basically are a death sentence :0) so I was praying hard, gave him a blessing, and fortunately, with the help of a little medicine, he was up and running like normal the next day! :) I'm very grateful that he didn't have anything serious!

After that though, we could never get things up and running this entire week.  Even though we had fantastic lessons with some golden prospects, none of them could come to church, which is crucial in order to baptize this month, and all of our other numbers were very low.  Elder Gómez took it hard, and he was going nuts yesterday, and that was almost a disaster too.  BUT, Heavenly Father and His Son really are looking out for us, because right when I had NO idea what to do, we had an opportunity to go caroling and teaching with like my favorite family here to some of our investigators, and holy cow! That was AMAZING!! :D The Spirit was so strong, we really strengthened the relations with one family, and it made me feel so good! Then the devotional really picked us up, (loved it! understanding it all in spanish was also a bonus :)) and we're getting ready to hit it hard this week!

Speaking of awesome families here in the ward, after a service project Saturday morning, something happened I was not expecting. After the project, we had some lunch prepared and we all ate salchichas, carne asada and everything else that goes with that, and I realized that, for the first time in my mission, I felt like I'd found home, with a place that felt just right, and with people that I love, like a family! :)  While I know that nothing can replace my family family ever, it was special to feel like I belonged again! I'm glad I felt that right before Christmas really got going, that'll be such a blessing! :)

I love you all so very much! We're sharing something awesome with everyone that's called 'Él es la Dádiva' (He is the Gift) and it's a special message that Christ really is that gift from Heavenly Father that everyone needs to discover, accept, and share, so go share it!! Take care, and have a super week! :)

¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment