Saturday, December 20, 2014

Elder Cameron Murray

Hallo Familie und Freunde,
  Well my mom told me in her last email that I should share the miracles we see to help build the faith of others.  Mom I guess this emails for you then!
  This week we've been super blessed and I dont even know why.  It must be the prayers your saying back home or something because we've seen some huge miracles this week.  Last week before institute we prayed before that we would find somebody to come to institute while we were contacting.  We had only about 5 minutes left and turns out God answers our prayers in interesting ways.  There was an older Lady named Petra outside the church who was looking at it for a moment and then kept walking.  Elder Kitchen contacted her and turns out she was willing to meet with us.  And technically she did come to institute because we took her in the building for a second to get her a card.  We were able to meet with her the next monday.  Wow that lesson was amazing.  The spirit was so strong and its amazing how easily the language comes when the Holy Ghost is there.  We shared the first vision and then we asked her what she thought.  She said the sweetest words a missionary will ever hear, "Its true." It gets even better.  Apparently a few days before she had prayed that God would show her a way.  Then a few days later we said the prayer that led us too her.  Truly through the power of prayer and trusting in God he will lead us where we need to go. God gave her the way she was looking for and she accepted to be baptized next month.
  A few weeks ago we got a refferal which we tried to go by on.  He wasnt there so we called him later.  We thought he was already a member that moved here from spain.  We invited him to the Christmas party on saturday then we went and met him.  On the way to the party we found out he's not a member but he left spain a week before his baptismal date.  He's already been to church 5 times and he wants to be baptized.  He had a dream when he got here that he needed to contact the missionary in spain so he could get into contact with his brothers in germany.  He was confused at first because he thought it meant his brother thats already in germany.  Turns out he was really supposed to meet with his missionary brothers and because he called the missionary in spain he's meeting with us now.  We have a baptisimal date set for january 3.  He's a super cool guy we're just trying to help him get on his feet here.  I don't know what we did to deserve this blessing but I'm grateful for the missionaries in Spain.
  My dad asked what we do for service.  The other day we spent a waaaaayy long time building this ladies furniture in her new apartment.  it was good to help her out because her husbands passed away and her kids are coming to visit her soon.  Haha i just wish we wouldve known she had a drill before we started.  We were already almost done by the time we figured that out....
We sang in church choir yesterday and then we went and sang christmas carols at the weihnachts mart that night.  My throat was dying by the end.
I know the Lord has been blessing me to be able to speak the language!  I wish I could remember spanish.  I'm hoping after about a year on my mission I can learn spanish.  The president is very supportive of it and it provides tons of teaching opportunities.  I'm going to wait till I have german down really well but one day Ill learn it.  For now I'll have to get by with the little that I remember.  Haha Maybe some of My missionary friends in South America could help.
Also the new senior couple missionaries Elder and Sister Hart got here this week they are from California and thery're amazing.
  Please pray for Petra so she will come to our appointments.  I think she's had a few concerns so your prayers would be much appreciated.
I love you all and hope everything is going well for Christmas.  Thank you for your prayers and support of the missionary work. Trust in the Lord and know that he hears your prayers.  I know that when we are obedient to his commandments that is when we are happiest!
Love Elder Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment