Buenas tardes!
How is everyone doing? I really hope that all is well at home, even if it's a little bit nuts! This week was pretty good! :) This week more than usual, I've been having a lot of experiences where I noticed mistakes that I made, which either means I have a LOT a progress to make (which is true!!) or I've learned enough to know what I need to be doing! Probably both ;)
Haha, so I'm really glad that everybody had a nice thanksgiving, because 1. it's non-existent down here, and 2. I kinda spaced it anyway, because that day was absolutely... I was gonna say crazy, but the thing was that NOTHING happened, so I have no idea ;) We were gonna head out in the jungle to preach again that day, but a bunch of stuff happened that day, and since our plans got fried... not much happened :/ But I did make some sweet salchicha, eggs, and chile tacos, so that was quite the feast! :)
This week we found even more people to teach that really surprised me! I mentioned this to Elder Gómez, but since we got dropped countless times after powerful 1st lessons during my first two transfers, it was kind of a shock that so many people invited us to come back!! But don't worry, I like the change! ;) One of them's named José, and he told us that he'd given up seeking the true church of God a few years ago, but now, he's praying hard, he's reading the Book of Mormon, and it has been so sweet so far!! We're looking to keep it up!
We got a surprise visit from one of the assistants on Friday, that was nuts! But the truth, I really enjoyed it, we did companionship study with him and one of the zone leaders, and at the end, he said he was impressed with my spanish (speak like a native!!) haha, but Elder Gómez is scared he's gonna end up training another gringo now! Poor guy ;)
I am so grateful for that gift I received/still am receiving! :) Even more, I started working on an even stronger relationship with my Savior and studying about Him, and I'm so grateful for what He did for all of us! We can have so much hope because of His love, His sacrifice, and His resurrection! I hope (haha!) that we can all find the hope that we need this week! Take care, I love you all! :)
¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
P.S. My great Thanksgiving meal, and a quick selfie of me and my birthday present to me! It IS a new backpack (yep, my other one already broke, I'm cool like that! ;))
No comments:
Post a Comment