Elder Kyle Jensen
A month for faith indeed. First I want to testify to you with all my heart that when we put our faith and trust in God, as He has promised in the scriptures, that He WILL support us in our trials, struggles, challenges, and He WILL provide a path of success for us from each situation. My thoughts are going to be centered a lot on faith a lot this month, part of it being I decided to study Christlike attributes more in depth, a month at a time, and December is Faith. This week has been an incredible experience of doubting my doubts instead of doubting my faith. With a new companion, and in fact a unique, difficult situation to say the least, I have no problem with saying that I'm growing to grow a ton in faith for a bit. Sorry to be so vague, but I would ask for thoughts and prayers. This experience right now where I'm serving is going to be one of the biggest growth phases for me on my mission. I may not know for sure, but I know that if I have the mental attitude with my faith in God that it will happen. So all in all, I can't wait to step up on the biggest stepping stone of my mission so far. With God's help I won't be stumbling over it haha ^^.
Had a last hurrah with Elder Wilcox here in Anseong! He served here for 8 months and I don't find any hesitation in saying he is probably one of the best missionaries in the mission. I learned SO much from him, and I give my thanks to God for having such an incredible start on my mission here in Korea. I have some pictures of some of the Korean food we celebrated with. In one picture it's called 샤브샤브 (shya buh shya buh). Lots of meat you cook in the middle of the tables with some variety of vegetables and other stuff. You have rice paper you soak in warm water. wrap the rice paper around a combination of meat, vegies and other stuff with some sauces and it's incredible!! The other picture is 칼국수 (kkal kook su) Pretty just hand cut noodles with wonderful flavors and side dishes haha. The food here is beyond fantastic. I do have to say I'll be a little disappointed with American food when I come back haha.
New companion is Elder Logan Bryner. He's from West Jordon, Utah. Awesome guy, I'll have no problems with getting along with him haha. Super excited to learn and grow a lot this transfer with him. Snapped a pic of him during study haha.
Ya, not a whole ton this week as far as eventfulness, but I did learn lots. One more thought I'd like to share is from Boyd K. Packer from his last talk from conference. "The true success of the gospel of Jesus Christ will be measured by the spiritual strength of its individual members." My initial thoughts on this turn into something like this. One of God's eternal perspectives (in my mind anyway) for sending young men and young women on missions, is to increase this spiritual strength, almost beyond capacity. The spirituality created from the experiences of a mission are often brought back into building a strong family based around the gospel. A family growing up in the strength of the gospel can have such a sturdy foundation for spirituality that this chain just keeps and going and going, eventually making it so spiritual matter and growth grow exponentially. This can all begin, and often does, with young men and young women choosing to serve missions. I know that missions are crucial in God's eternal perspective. The call came from God himself through a living prophet. I know that the scriptures are in fact God's words and that why we so often receive answers through scriptures. We can listen to God's voice by reading scripture (some verses in D&C 18) and truly receive answers not only from ancient, but modern texts.
Yep, those are my thoughts this week haha ^^ Hope all is well everyone!
Elder Jensen
P.S. It started snowing today...
No comments:
Post a Comment