Elder Kasey Crafts
Dear Friends and Family,
Merry Christmas!! This week was great. The Christmas season is a great time to share the gospel!
My new companions name is Elder Bradley. He is from Brigham City Utah and has been on the mission for 16 months. He is awesome! I am learning a lot from him all the time. He has no fear of man which is absolutely awesome. I am learning a lot because of that.
We have met some of the nicest people this week and also some of the craziest. On Saturday night we got a phone call from a investigator named Edger. He was on the run from some of the bandillas (gangs) from Mexico. A lot of the big gang members will move to Tornillo or Fabens and live here and then go to Juarez everyday and do all the gang stuff. Somehow Edger had gotten mixed up in the gangs and called us because he needed help. Luckily not much earlier Sister Kimble had given us a paper of all of the emergency call lines in Texas. We gave Edger some phone numbers to call so hopefully he's alright.
I also learned another amazing thing this week. It was in essence that if you feel the spirit in the lesson then that means that the investigators are feeling it as well. They may not know it, or understand it, or want to admit it, but it is a sure thing that they are feeling it. It is because the Holy Ghost wouldn't just come so that you can be edified and only you can feel the spirit, he is going to be present so that everyone that is there can realize that our message is true. That is why it is so important to help people understand the feeling they are feeling is the Holy Ghost.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Feliz Navidad!
Elder Crafts
No comments:
Post a Comment