Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sister Hannah Walker

Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!  haha ours was filled with food and people and just wonderful feelings all around :)  I will say one thing was weird though... There was no snow on the ground and I was wearing short sleeves...I'm prettty sure it was something like 60 degrees?  haha the sun was shining and it was BEAUTIFUL!! :) and it's december and still no snow...crazy sauce!

So remember Reissa?  Soo we've started teaching her aunt Barbara.  We helped Aunt B and her mom move into these little condos right next to our apartment complex a month or so ago, and since then, they've adopted us into their family :) She calls us her babies and we just love her tons!  Granny believes in God, but Aunt B is kind of a different story.  She was brought up Christian and has been for most of her life.  But something happened with her husband and Aunt B believes that at that moment in her life, God left her alone.  She feels forsaken by God and therefore has convinced herself to be Pagan.  She's gone back and forth on this for years and years.  One month, Christian, the next month Pagan...Goodness that woman has bought so many bibles and witch stuff! haha but she knows her bible front to back and back to front. She's awesome :)  She has many of the same beliefs as us when it comes to deeper doctrine which is kind of funny.  But we've been working with her and will continue to work with her :)

So not much happened this week out of the norm because of a bunch of stuff. With Thanksgiving and interviews with President and an emergency meeting with the zone we spent more time than I would've liked indoors.  I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the "He is the Gift Initiative"...  It's this fantastic thing where we're helping people focus on the most important gift that was ever given to us and all of mankind: Christ.  If we pause and think for a moment about all that Heavenly Father did for us.  Yes, God the Father.  He gave us His son.  He watched Him go through all that He did because He knew that it would be the best thing for all of His children.  When we give gifts, what is our purpose in giving them?  For me, sometimes it was just to say that I did...or to show appreciation and love for someone.  But have we ever given a gift that we know will benefit the receivers?  Sometimes we do :) Things like crockpots or dishes..things like that :)  Those are the best gifts...ones that we know will not only bring the receivers joy, but that will allow them to bring joy to others.  God's a genius!!  His perfect gift of His son brings us the most immense joy we will ever receive and it also allows us to share that same joy with all those around us.  If you gave someone a crockpot or dishes, you'd want them to use them right?  God wants us to accept what has been given us. He doesn't want us to put it up on a shelf or in the hall storage closet.  He wants it to be our favorite gift.  I am so happy that I get to be out here sharing what has become my favorite gift with everyone who will accept it.  I challenge all of you to also share it :)  #SharetheGift.  I know that it will bring you so much joy and it will make this season a memorable one for sure!

Just some little fun things that happened this week:  I have now cooked enough to know how to make all of the Thanksgiving dinner except the turkey :) (we did a lot of service this week to help people prepare for the big day!)

There is one roundabout in Harlem.  Last night, we were coming home and I felt the urge... We came up on the roundabout and instead of going straight, I followed the curve.  Sis Anderson started getting worried..."Uhhh we were supposed to go straight!"....next things she knew, a  "Wahoooooo!!!!!!" came out of my mouth :) You gotta enjoy the little things right!?

Also on the ride home last night, we were almost to the church which is just around the corner from our apartment when out of the corner of my eye, through all the barren trees, I saw a flash of light!  I gasped and jerked the car down the next road.  This led to another freak-out moment by Sis Anderson.  We turn on one more street and there she saw the cause for my excitement.  We pull up to this house that is just illuminating the entire street because of all the Christmas lights on it.  They were flashing somewhat awkwardly, then we noticed a sign saying "tune to 99.9" oh nuh uh!!  haha we tuned and suddenly the sporadic flashing made sense!!  haha it was one of those awesome houses that coordinates the lights with Christmas music!  It was appropriate missionary Christmas music so we sat and watched this house for ten minutes :) haha it was great!  loving missionary life! :)

Hope yall have a wonderful rest of your week :)

Much love
Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment