Sister Karli Belnap
Well hello everyone! First of all P-day is a beautiful thing. Whoever started that deserves a Nobel prize. What a week it has been. Let me start by saying I love the MTC. I have learned so much from being here. Teaching is stressful. Learning to get along with a companion is stressful. But it is honestly great. One of the biggest things I learned this week is that being Christ-like shouldn't have a condition. I like to think I don't want to be the only one compromising. Or I want it my way. No. This week I have been trying my hardest to be Christ-like. If it really doesn't matter in the long run, don't cause a fight over it. That has really started to help my relationship with my companion. Sunday Sheri Dew spoke in Relief Society and in the evening Sister Styles and I received blessings from some of the Elders in our district. That was a cool experience for sure! But the coolest thing that happened all day was that Sister Styles and I got called as Sister Training Leaders!!!! Oh my gosh we were so excited! We referred to the new Sisters coming in this week as our babies! And they got here Wednesday and I love them already! I saw Sister Falter today (my cousin) and she seems to be doing good! She said she didn't sleep much last night but she hasn't freaked out. So that's good. So don't worry, Falters, she seems to be doing great! =)
Like I said I am learning a lot here. I feel more confident in myself. I don't know everything and I never will. But I am trying my best. Yesterday when we were doing orientation with the babies we were doing a get to know you activity. One of the questions we had everyone answer was: What is one good thing you have noticed about your companion already? Sister Styles and I struggle. We are both strong willed and stubborn. And half the time we fight. But I would not trade her for anyone in the world. I was really interested to see what she would say she noticed about me. Her response was the best thing about me is my diligence in being obedient. I know that the key to success is Obedience. I learn that more and more each day. If I am obedient and doing the things I am supposed to then I will be able to have the spirit. So that's what I have been trying my best to do. I am so blessed to be here and learning so much. And if I am going to be honest I am already getting anxiety to come home in a year and a half. But we don't have to think about that yet =P I love you all and I really would love to hear from you.
Sister Belnap
We anticipate Karli will fly to Alabama this Tuesday.
The mailing address for the mission home is:
Alabama Birmingham Mission
3100 Lorna Road #102
Birmingham, AL 35216
No comments:
Post a Comment