Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Elder Kasey Crafts

Tuesday, December 1, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was awesome! Lots of great things continue to happen here in Fort Hancock. Our next p-day will be this next Monday because of transfers.

For Thanksgiving we went to los Morales for dinner! There was lots of food and we ate a lot. We ate turkey which is pretty common around here for thanksgiving. Also, they were able to invite one of the less actives and her family which was really great to be able to talk to them!

When we went to visit Catalina Soto this last week she told us another thing that missionaries live for! She had expressed to us in earlier lessons that she loves what she is learning and in some future day she might get baptized. However, this last time we went to visit with her she told us something along these lines. " I woke up the other day and it just hit me. I don't need to know everything before I get baptized. I can get baptized and still continue learning. I could learn for years and years and still never know it all. I know for sure I want to get baptized. I've set my mind to it and that is what I want to do." Wahoo!! She wanted to pray about her own baptismal date and so when we go this next week she will tell us. :)  

One of the things I've been noticing is the importance of the spirit. The spirit really plays a crucial role to conversion. Both of that of the missionary and that of the investigator. The missionary can't help bring anyone to the waters of baptism unless they are in tune with the spirit. And the sprit cant touch someones heart unless they are willing. The most important thing is to help the investigator feel the spirit and understand what it is. When they understand that they will know everything we have been teaching them is true. Feeling the spirit brings conviction. The more you feel the spirit the more you know the gospel, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church.


 Les quiero todo! ojala que tegan una semana fantistica!

Elder Crafts

PS. Also, this last week I ate a chicharron Burrito. (chicharron are dried pig skins.) I had had chicharron before but this time, it was really pretty nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment