Elder Kyle Jensen
Hello from snowy Korea!! Ah, despite all the white stuff falling from the sky missionary work, growing, learning, and coming unto Christ is still strongly moving forward!
This week I was on exchanges with Elder Ely and we got to go teach 정정훈 (Jeong Jeong Hoon). This man is plainly just awesome haha. And it's been an incredible experience to see his eyes spiritually opened to our message. Right now he actively attends another church but he's developed a strong love for missionaries. When we met we got to teach him about the spirit and how merciful God was to let us feel it with him as well. Before we left he told us how he always always always has a good feeling when the missionaries come over, and how he recognizes that we are people called of God to preach His gospel. His prayers are tender and sincere, and he has a heart full of love. Because of that he is always receptive and willing to meet. The restored gospel is making an effect in his life, and that because it's plain, it's simple, and it's God-given revealed truth. God makes it really easy for me to find charity and love for him and his wife (she gives us snacks and food allllllll the time haha).
This restored gospel is also making an effect on our other investigator 김성수 (Kim Seong Su). We've been exceedingly blessed to have this guy come to church for over and month and a half now and despite the problems he faces and no matter how busy he is, he makes an honest effort to come to church and meet with us. He is so real and so serious because he truly realizes the truth and peace that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I look at these things I've been blessed with and feel like I don't deserve it all, but I can bear my humble testimony to you that I know that we, like Jesus Christ, are here to do God's will! The more I study and grow, the more I learn, the more I realize how crucially important it is that we came to earth to learn God's will and diligently follow it. Because we do not know God's will perfectly like Christ did, we slip up, make mistakes and distance ourselves from God. It makes me terribly sad that when we make mistakes that we fall farther away from the most Loving Father we know of. But despite the sadness I find more joy in the happiness and peace that the Atonement of Jesus Christ brings. I'd like to compare this to Peter's experience of walking on water. First, Peter took a huge leap of faith to get out of the boat. Imagine how hard that would be!! He started to walk, he was doing great!... Then temptation hit. The winds got him scared, the waters were churning. He saw this and started to sink into the waters of temptation. BUT another crucial and important act of faith was ministered by Peter to Christ when he said, "Lord, save me!" If there are any of you out there feeling doubt, fear, rejection, sadness and discomfort, I would plead for you to look to the Savior and cry out for His help. Because, like in the scriptural account of Peter's experience, Christ will extend his hand IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT FAIL to those who are falling and almost drowning in these dangerous waters. One more important thing to point out. Christ caught Peter. Think about that for a little bit. Because Christ catches us with the Atonement, it is our duty and responsibility to fight and struggle and do everything we can to apply the Atonement so we can make it back to the top of the water. Christ WILL catch our hand, and as we earnestly put forth our faith in Him and set our sights back on Him, he will NEVER let go. This is my testimony to you for the Christmas season. Yes a little early, but I know that Christ's Atonement is the most important gift we have received from our Heavenly Father, for it is the only way we can become like God and be able to dwell in His presence. I know we are here on earth to do God's will, to work and speak through the Holy Ghost to help others and minister like Christ did. And I hope my testimony to you is a gift you can accept from me this year. I don't have a lot to offer all you but I can offer my love to you through words.
So with all of this I do have a request to all of you. PLEASE, I would love for you to send me your testimony about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I may not write a huge reply, but please know I will always listen with love. If you could do that for me, it would be quite the Merry Christmas for me ^^ Thanks so much for you love and support! Remember CHrist these holidays!
Elder Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment