Sister Karli Belnap
Well Hello there friends and family!!
Question: What kinds of things do you all want to hear about? Honestly. I want answers.
Question for the RM's:
What kinds of things do I want to write in my journal about? Or just any journaling suggestions.
I have officially completed my first week in the MTC! I will be here for 3! Theoretically I was supposed to come in this week but because of Thanksgiving they had us come in a week early! Super cool right? I'm excited for the extra week.
So far it's been pretty good! My companion's name is Sister Styles! She is from Washington state and she did a year at BYU Hawaii and a semester at BYU Jerusalem. We get along pretty well as friends, but we are also very different so that makes things complicated sometimes. But it is definitely a learning experience! But really I love her.
Falling into the missionary lifestyle hasn't been too difficult so far. My alarm goes off in the mornings and I wake all the other girls in my room up. (There are 4 of us) I go "GOOOOOOD MORNING SISTERS" and they love it. That's a lie. But it gets everyone up! Then I turn on the light and the day starts bright and early.
My teacher, Brother Bishop, said "The difference between 10:29 and 10:31 isn't two minutes, it is obedience." That really stuck so me and Sister Styles make sure we are in bed by 10:28. I think that has definitely helped us. (Thank you Steph and Uncle Kyle for the exact obedience advice.) We sit in class and study for like 3 hours. Then meals. Then class time where the teachers teach us great things. I really like the study time and class times. The food is pretty good here. Some are better than others. I tried enchiladas and the weren't good but that is probably because my mom makes better! =)
Emotionally I have been doing pretty good. There have been moments when I have felt kinda down, but there is always a tender mercy around the corner. So that is a major blessing.
Thanksgiving was pretty good! David A. Bednar came and talked to us in the morning and he did a question answer thing so that was really cool!! We had Thanksgiving dinner for lunch which I enjoyed but a lot of people didn't like it so much. Then a Thanksgiving program and humanitarian project. We were putting together like soup packet things... it was really fun! And for dinner we had sack lunches in our classrooms. Which was pretty pathetic but we got a good laugh out of it. And then we got to watch Meet the Mormons! Overall it was a pretty good, pretty chill day!
I talk in my sleep. All three of the Sisters in my room have heard it on separate nights... so that's pretty funny!
What else...
I really like receiving letters... Hint hint. We get to read and reply to them everyday. So that is a lot more fun that emails which I only get an hour for!! So write me letters please!!! =)
OH! So our teachers act as investigators. So right now Sister Styles and I are working with Chad. It is a lot of fun because he is a good guy. But it's also really hard. There is so much to this gospel that teaching to make sure we tell them everything they need to know is hard. That's one thing that has been kind of difficult. I feel like I definitely don't know enough! But that is why I am here!
I see Elder Walker almost everyday so that is awesome! We hugged.... but only once. (For those of you who don't know... He is my cousin.)
And SISTER (Emily) ORR IS IN MY DISTRICT. That has been a tender mercy for sure!! We see each other quite a bit. SO that has been incredible.
And Sister (Haley) Watts was my host. So when I first got here she showed me around! So cool.
Well folks I love you lots. Everything is going well here! Sometimes it is really daunting to think about how much I still need to learn, but I know I'll get there. Love you, miss you.
Sister Belnap
No comments:
Post a Comment