Saturday, December 20, 2014

Elder Joshua Nieman

December 15, 2014

Well tomorrow are cambios which are transfers. Probably Elder Alacama is going to go somewhere else and I am probably going to stay in Andahuaylas. I might get someone that I have to train which is really freaking me out but hey that is fine. I started to think how my training went a lot this week and really I feel like it went good but I really dont feel like I am ready. haha Elder Alacama has been so good and I am so grateful to have him as my trainer. Wow time flies by when you are walking and working your butt off. It is officially 4 months and honestly this last month went so fast and the next will probably go even faster. I have been thinking a lot about time and wondering if it will go faster or slower. I finally came to an answer that it doesnt matter and all you have to worry about is serving the Lord with all your heart and forgetting yourself. These past weeks have been the toughest but happiest moments of my life and it just makes me think that this isnt so bad. I cant believe that next week is Christmas and how it is going to be so different for me. I really actually started to freak out about that until me and my companion visited this family yesterday and they had a tree up and blasting christmas songs. I started to think about you all and started to be really homesick. HAha which isnt good at all but as I started to think, I wasnt focused on anyone else but myself. For a moment I looked up and I saw this family all smiling and everyone was having a great old time. Every thought in my head of homesickness went away and I said to myself this is what it is all about. I should be more thankful for things I have and start focusing on bringing people the happiness I feel every christmas. It was a really good night and I was so happy to see the joy in peoples faces. Of course I miss every single one of you but this is going to be so good for me to focus on things like eternal families and the light of christ and how this gospel blesses so many families. My heart is filled with love right now.
Also this week we invited someone to be baptized. Her name is Alysia and it was so cool cause as we were saying Do you want to be baptized she immediatly said yes and there was no doubt in her voice. It was so amazing and I love missionary work. Her date for baptism is on the 3 of January. So many things that happen in a week I cant tell you all of them. OOOh but there was this one time where we were walking pretty fast and these houses in Peru are really weird. Sometimes I have to duck to avoid them while we walk and I have to duck going through doors and just everything is so small. Well we were walking and I wasnt paying attention to what was in front of me. Well I ended up hitting this house with my head and it made a huge smacking noise. I am pretty sure I blacked out for a second cause when I opened my eyes I was sitting on the ground. hahaha That was a pretty crazy thing and probably not good cause ever since then I feel like I cant talk in spanish. hahah no just kidding but that hurt so bad. Also this week I received the package from grandpa. Woooooow I love and miss his cookies. haha Even though they were crushed I enjoyed every single one. They were so good. Other than all those I think that is all for this letter. Next week I get a pre call to you guys next monday and tell you the Skype thing. I am not sure when but I will tell you next week. Well I love you all and I hope your week is great.
Love you all
Elder Nieman

No comments:

Post a Comment