Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sister Amy King

Another week full of miracles here in the mission field!  On Mon we went and followed up with this family we had prayed with a couple weeks ago.  Tiffany and Matt, and they're 3 young kids.  We were also with a member from the ward, sister Milton.  We get there and it's INSANE.  The dogs are barking, and the kids are all over the place, and its just Tiffany.  But she is happy to see us.  So after a while we finally sit down and try to start the lesson. But then the dog starts freaking out, and then one of the kids is crying, and it's so crazy.  But Tiffany wants to hear the lesson.  So we finally start and we're teaching the restoration.  and the entire time is seriously so crayz, with the dogs and the kids, but the spirit is sooo strong.  At this point Matt had also come home.  They were both really receptive, and we're committed to come to church with us this last sun.  After we left, I was just thinking about how the lesson went.  And holy cow, how in the world could the spirit have been that strong, even though is was so insane in that house???  It's truly amazing the things the Lord allows us to do to accomplish his work.  I was so grateful that we were able to bring the spirit into a home in chaos.  Tiffany and two of the kids came to church yesterday, and she enjoyed it.  So we are so excited to continue teaching her!  So this week we also set two investigator with baptism dates!!  Larry and Carmilla. Larry has been investigating the church for about a year, and the only thing holding him back from baptism is smoking.  BUT we set him with Dec 28, and I have faith that he can do it, because he has come so far even from the short time that I've been here!  And Carmilla is this old lady, she is the sweetest.  she has also been investigating for about a year.  She is pretty sick, so that is what has been preventing her from being baptised, she knows the church is true, and wants to be baptized.  But we set her for Jan 3, and we're so excited for her, especially since she has never committed before.

Every week in the mission field is full of so many miracles, it's insane, I can't even explain it. It's truly amazing when I stop and think about the things that happen everyday with the Lords help.  Even when you're not in the mission field, there are so many miracles in everyday life.  Si I invite you to write down all the miracles you see everyday, and you will be amazed!

I love you all, and have a fabuloso week!!

LOVE sister KING

No comments:

Post a Comment