Sunday, November 9, 2014

Elder Bronson Naegle

Chào mọi người!  Hello everyone!  (I don't know if the Vietnamese ever
say it that way, but oh well :)  )
Wow craziness!  I wish i could brain-dump everything into your heads,
but i can't!
Alright, we'll start with p-days.  Usually my p-days consist of study,
doing everything missionaries need to do on p-days, playing some
basketball or volleyball or attending a zone activity, and whatever
specific thing we need to do that day.  For dinner on p-days, we
usually go to JD's (our branch president) house.  Man can his wife
cook!  Super delicious!
Last p-day, we went to Camelot!  It's an arcade, laser tag, mini-golf,
go-kart kind of place.  Apparently the zone leaders were able to get
tickets for everyone by some means i don't know of.  We sat there for
2 hours waiting for the zone leaders to show up, then we played 12
minutes of laser tag, and then we left!  Laser tag was awesome though!
Walking through the arcade was bad for me though...  I reeeeallly
wanted to play some of them...
We had our Halloween social Halloween night!  It was awesome!  I will
have pictures next time!  I promise!  Next time will not be on Monday
though because i think we have firesides and other stuff going on next
week...
Alright, so usually on fast Sundays JD has a "break-the-fast" at his
house after church!  Holy cow was it delicious!  I stuffed myself so
much!  We had already had his wife's orange chicken before, but
somehow she made it even better than the last time!  JD is awesome!
He's also a funny man...  Oh!  He owns a grave plot business and is
quite wealthy.  Love him!

I've read a little bit of the teachings of President Joseph Fielding
Smith while i've been out here, and he is absolutely amazing!  I would
have read more by now, but i'm supposed to focus on Chapter 3 of
Preach My Gospel for the first 12 weeks.  I encourage ALL OF YOU to
read his stuff!  It will enlighten your minds!  He puts stuff so
simply and has vast and in-depth writings on the gospel.
One thing i've realized about the mission... You learn about
dependency as much, if not more than independency.  When you arrive in
the field, you depend on your training for so many things.  He teaches
you the ropes of being a missionary, you rely on him for food (if you
don't go to a restaurant every meal) for a day or however long until
you buy food, and you rely on him for communicating if you are
learning a new language (especially if it's one like Vietnamese!). You
rely on the members to keep new members active and fellowshipping
investigators.  You rely on the Holy Ghost to guide you and help you
help meet the needs of others.
Our entire mortal existence is available because of God.  Everything
we are and have is because of Him.  Our salvation is made possible
through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Because Heavenly Father and
Jesus Christ have pure love for us, they have done all and do all the
is the best for us.  The Plan of Salvation is perfect, and we have to
take a step back and realize that, and have absolute trust in them.
We must do what has been asked of us, and realize that that is the
best way and only way to eternal life.

Love you all!  Out of time!
-Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment