I thought last week was fun but this week was even better! We study lots but somehow find ways to have lots of fun! I memorized the first vision in spanish. Pretty proud of myself:)
There is a girl in my district who can sing just like all the disney princesses. We made her sing all the princess songs then we chose which one she should be. It took like 45 minutes but it was a good memory of home for all of us. Even the Elders sang along. At lunch we find empty rooms and go play the piano and sing hymns.I had to play prelude for sacrament this week. It feels so good to play! I've only been gone a week and a half but I miss the piano! Some of the elders in my district can play super well! It's fun to see everyones talents! A hermana in my room also plays the harp. Way cool, she is going to perform in a devotional one of these days.
Spanish is hard, but I can struggle through the lessons okay.. but it'll come!! There are harder times than others. One of the elder's favorite line to say is "como se dice.. I GIVE UP?" haha We are all coming along slowly but surely!
Now for spiritual stuff...
Mi companera and I taught Amaite. (she is our teacher acting as an investigator). Even though we knew she is our teacher this lesson was probably the best lesson we have had since we have been here. We said something that made her break down into tears. The spirit was super strong. Scriptures just kept coming to my head, my comp spoke more spanish than ever! Teaching with the SPIRIT is real. The holy ghost is the best teacher.
Sunday we had Elder nelsons wife come speak to us. Apparently she is buddies with Sheri Dew so she came along. I learned that I gotta live everyday of my mission with no regrets!!
One girl in my district got super sick the other day... The elders gave her a priesthood blessing and a few hours later she felt completely better! miracle! All the hermanas decided to receive blessings of comfort so on Sunday the elders were able to practice their priesthood skills and give a blessing, for a lot of them it was their first time!
We had a great discussion about the book of mormon, everyone went around and told how the got their testimony of the book of mormon. I read joseph smith history two days ago, It was good to remember exactly what happened and to think about all that Joseph smith had to go through to restore this church. We made a challenge to finish the BOM by the time we leave, DEC 01. We are going to read 18 pages a day! whew! I challenge all of you as well:)
Yo se que jesucristo es mi salvador!
until next week. write me lots! I can print all my emails and read them!
love,
Hermana Watts
No comments:
Post a Comment