Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hermana Haley Watts

This week was good once again! The initial excitement of being a missionary is wearing off a bit. However I am still enjoying everyday. Always live in the moment, it makes life better! We get to see/meet some pretty cool people here!  A member of the 70 at lunch with the sisters in my district. Elder Catcher is his name. I guess he spoke in the last General Conference. He told us sisters how proud the lord is that we are serving. Also Sister Bonnie Oscarson (yw general president) spoke at releif society. favorite line from her, "hard trials will come, best way to get through them is to put your shoulder to the wheel!" always look to go the extra mile. 
  We went to lots of devotionals this week, they are really inspiring. I'm singing in the choir once again this week, we are singing praise to the man! I am stoked. It sounds sooo powerful. 500 missionaries singing praises to joseph smith all at the same time. Just imagine the spirit! 
    I finished D&C this week. I especially loved towards the end how the next life is described. Its amazing how much we can get out of the scriptures. My teacher gave a nice little lesson, she said that god could give each and everyone of us the gift of tongues in a second if he wanted to. Thats not how life works though, we have to work at it and experience things for ourselves. We can get a glimpse of what the savior went through suffering hard things for all of us!
   My comp and I were trying to think of something creative to do to teach our investigator about the holy ghost, we coudnt come up with anything. I prayed hard that night to think of something. The next day my comp said she remembered something a set a missionaries did with her family! Take a waterbottle and fill it with water (represents the holy ghost), shake it and you have the investigator listen. Then we put soap in the water (represents sins). We shake it again and you can no longer hear the water inside because its full of bubbles. basically when we sin its harder to hear the holy ghost in our life. The investigator looooved it haha! God hears our prayers!!
    I hope you all are well and happy. I love letters so thank you!:) 
Love, Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment